Thread: A/c compressor signal wire

A/c compressor signal wire

I have gen 3 ecm 12589463. Is there a wire to run 12v from the compressor to help the truck idle with a/c on or will I have to install a pressure switch and relay. The only wires I see are pin 43 A/C Compressor Clutch Relay Control and pin 14 A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Signal (A/C). Will the same wire also control cooling fans? I’ll list my os tomorrow when I have my laptop. The air works right now but dies if I rev it up and then let of off the throttle.
    Last edited by cardoctor27; 10-18-2023 at 08:25 PM.

Potential Tuner
    The early trucks pre '03 had an AC request pin in the pcm. I think the '03 and later Gen3 the AC load was corrected by tuning parameters . I am just starting to learn tuning w/HP Tuners so...grain of salt, lol

Here is the file. This is a 6.0 in a 1985 c10. The a/c is on all stock for the truck other than a sanden compressor. Has aftermarket dual fans on separate relays. I would like to be able to idle the truck up with the a/c on.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cardoctor27 View Post
    I have gen 3 ecm 12589463. Is there a wire to run 12v from the compressor to help the truck idle with a/c on or will I have to install a pressure switch and relay. The only wires I see are pin 43 A/C Compressor Clutch Relay Control and pin 14 A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Signal (A/C). Will the same wire also control cooling fans? I’ll list my os tomorrow when I have my laptop. The air works right now but dies if I rev it up and then let of off the throttle.
    ACwiringNoPressureSensor-Fans.jpg

Ive been using this when guys swap LS into a something that didnt come with a LS engine. It works great and fans can be controlled by PCM with AC input info.

Will this work with a pcm that’s set up on serial data for a/c a few of the wires the diagram shows was not used on the factory harness.