Thread: Good Catch

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Good Catch

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Yeah, I saw that. I have a couple of LS2 GTO I could try this out on, but not too recently though. Definately worth a look at.

Tuner
    Looks very interesting. So, redhardsupra, did you also raise the numbers in the Maximum VE table so that it peaked out over 2500? If so, by how much?

Son of a...I can't get to Marcin's page at work. What table are we talking about and is it GTO specific?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    theres a max VE table under the airflow tab.

Tuner
    Don't think it's GTO specific 'cause the Gen 4 Vettes have it. Hopefully redhard is reading this and will reply soon.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    correct, its all E40 pcm specific from looking through some files which means gto's, 05 vettes, TBSS's, etc.

Advanced Tuner
    I have the table. Would this limit a stock 05 gto?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Im honestly not sure what it does but its definitly a table of interest...to me it looks like it emulates the last line of the ve table for the most part...I assume if you try and raise that last line of your ve table its somehow going to try and bring you back down to its upper limit...only a theory though. Im sure thats all RHS is trying to find out as well.

E40 only though.
    Not on E38/E67's
    Always Support Our Troops!

only used when MAF/MAP/TPS are all in operation, its used to limit the g/cyl value obtained from the dynamic airflow prediction calculation.

If the MAF is failed then this table is not looked at ie. the whole dynamic airflow calc is disabled since MAF is gone.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    only used when MAF/MAP/TPS are all in operation, its used to limit the g/cyl value obtained from the dynamic airflow prediction calculation.

If the MAF is failed then this table is not looked at ie. the whole dynamic airflow calc is disabled since MAF is gone.
    I was thinking something like this was the issue. I tuned a 2006 GTO a while ago in SD, and I recall not having those issues. In fact I recall exceeding the VE table units, and it put down about 480rwhp with just (bolt-ons and) a cam.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

how about the other tables I mentioned, do they operate in SD?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    I was thinking something like this was the issue. I tuned a 2006 GTO a while ago in SD, and I recall not having those issues. In fact I recall exceeding the VE table units, and it put down about 480rwhp with just (bolt-ons and) a cam.
    could you send me a screenshot (or the full tune) of the VE table? i'm trying to better understand the relationship between VE, GMVE numbers, and airflow

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    could you send me a screenshot (or the full tune) of the VE table? i'm trying to better understand the relationship between VE, GMVE numbers, and airflow
    I will post a copy of it tonight (time permitting). Oh, and the vehicle in question also had heads.

Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    how about the other tables I mentioned, do they operate in SD?
    they are all used in the P0068 calcultion, if you are not seeing P0068 then unlikley they are causing you a problem.
    I count sheep in hex...