Thread: 2004 ford f150 5.4

Potential Tuner

2004 ford f150 5.4

can someone look over this test run and tell me if anything seems off its a factory tune the only thing i done was enabled variable valve control it was disabled and i enabled it it seems to run good but s little bit sluggish before landons 04 f150 test run.hpl

Tuner in Training
    I am not a pro but there is a lot you could log to get better data but just from a quick look your short term fuel trims are off when you are on the throttle around 5krpm. If you are running a cold air intake or long tubes it affects the air flow meaning it needs maf recalibration. If you have long tubes the 02 transport delay needs to be edited. From looking at the limited file data I would recommend a maf recalibration at the least. Evans performance academy has some really useful templates and training on the 3v mod motor. FYI I had a 2004 and had all the common ford issues, cam phazer failure, timing set, clogged primary cats (you have 4) broken plugs (7 of 8) when replacing them, and the transmission snap ring broke causing me to lose overdrive. These trucks had lots of issues design wise.
    Last edited by dlambe; 03-08-2024 at 07:47 PM.