Thread: 98 Corvette trying to combine tune files

Potential Tuner

98 Corvette trying to combine tune files

I have a 98 corvette that have a few tunes and want to swap trans tune from one tune to the next. And add a 01 up corvette maf tune. Can anyone point me in the direction of how I do this? I have a mpvi3.

Never flash a tune from another car to yours. Tune your current setup properly

The 1997 and 1998 "LS" PCMs use a single segment calibration. This means that you cannot swap calibration segments (as they do not exist) - like you could with the later PCMs.

You will need to transfer data manually.

However, much of the data format will be slightly different with this very old PCM. You will need to convert / extrapolate / interpolate some of the data - which is highly time consuming if you have never done this before.

Easiest just to directly tune the PCM from scratch.

Senior Tuner
    Its not a good idea to pull random things from another tune file. Sure if you have injectors out of X copy injector data out of X.

These people importing all kinds of things for engine swaps are likely causing far more issues than they are solving.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs