Thread: 2018 E92 6.2 with whipple 2.9 throttle issues

Tuner in Training

2018 E92 6.2 with whipple 2.9 throttle issues

Having a bit of a time nailing down a throttle code issue im having
    Setup is as follows
    2018 6.2 l86 8l90,motor has forged pistons and rods,BTR stage 2 blower cam,Whipple 2.9 blower
    Stock heads
    its swapped into a older chevy
    I can get idle somewhat ok,throttle is super touchy but randomly it will throw code p2138 and the throttle will stop responding
    I have the MAF somewhat dialed in and have started using ltft/stft to start on getting the VVE straight before throwing a wideband on.Again trying to get to the i can throw it on the street and drive phase of things.I have a decent amount of exprience with Gen3 and gen 4 but this Pr ratio gen 5 is a new planet to be on.

Any advice,Things i should look for,Any histogram setups that can help dial in the VVE and Virtual tq?
    Or where can i be pointed to do research on to get to the next step would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    P2138 is accelerator pedal code - are you using a fpcm and is it controlling fuel pressure? If not you need to change the wiring for the CAN network then "maybe" the pedal code will go away. Just checked the tune looks like you're not, so you're good there. I don't think the CAN wiring setup will cause problems at that point, but it's possible. In this case and the fact that the pedal is currently working I would look at crimps and pin tensions. What did the harness come from? Car or truck pedal? They require different wire hookups. 1 signal and ground wire has to be moved.

Then there's this for boost tuning a tucks OS - https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...kground-Tables
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    its a rewired harness from someone out central texas,im getting this vehicle second hand and its been a pain.i believe it all came from the donor 2018 denali but the trans was switched to a 8l90 from the 10l90.I did get the tcm and ecm re paired and sent the tcm out to unlock,dont know if its a OS pair issue .Ill get part numbers off the throttle to confirm.
    Is there a diagram available to see the wiring side that i may have to change?. and i will follow the link you sent as far as boost tuning

thanks