Thread: 4l60 neutral switch

4l60 neutral switch

Newby here.Just finishing a ls1 6.0l lq4 and a 4l60 into a 65 cadillac.Using a painless wiring harness.Painless wants to use the 2 wires red\black and grey white (sorry at home and i don't have the wire colour with me).I have wired in a factory switch on the side of the 4l60 and used the 2 wires they want and wired them into the switch. The tuner says that switch must be wired completely to show the 411 computer what gear position it is in. When i look at the pn pid on my scanner it does not show anything. He says the air tables will not be correct and affect it in idle and in drive. My question is can this switch be "tuned out".Or does anybody have suggestions on how to wire this switch totally into the system. If tunes out can a crank relearn still be done and if tuned out how will it affect the operation etc. Please go easy on me still learning this hp tuner thing.

Senior Tuner
    There is a PRNDL switch in the System tab. Try setting it to none. 98-02 f-bodies dont use the external switch and those calibrations have it set to none.