Thread: WTF Happened

Advanced Tuner

WTF Happened

Ill probably get banned for this lol. What happened to this forum? There are literally thousands of threads from people asking for "tune my shit" with no questions on the how and why. Im guilty of not finding something that has been beating to death a thousand times before, but this is next level shit. I don't know how to correct it but there must be some sort of "fixing" this. My recent favorite was either people vulchering rookies and have them being paid off the forum, or people who just screen fill with theories, holy shit. Another one actually was a few guys arguing how fueling works in an ECM, with the guy that helped write the code for it at GM, lmfao.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ns158sl View Post
    Ill probably get banned for this lol. What happened to this forum? There are literally thousands of threads from people asking for "tune my shit" with no questions on the how and why. Im guilty of not finding something that has been beating to death a thousand times before, but this is next level shit. I don't know how to correct it but there must be some sort of "fixing" this. My recent favorite was either people vulchering rookies and have them being paid off the forum, or people who just screen fill with theories, holy shit. Another one actually was a few guys arguing how fueling works in an ECM, with the guy that helped write the code for it at GM, lmfao.
    Too much facebook out there with instant gratification. I still prefer forums and being able to search for stuff vs facebook though many have migrated to facebook because you can find every topic there in one place which just ends up leaving a big muddled mess.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I'm more into, teach me how to correct my tune so I learn something or point me in the direction to learn how.

Senior Tuner
    Way too many post with no real information but help me please. And I haven’t been on here that long, but there seem to be a lot of post the last 6 months that are “my car is broke” (not a HPT issue) and not able to provide additional info. And then they don’t want to believe the people that are the most likely to have the answer. And don’t get me started on the people that don’t want to troubleshoot but would rather try the random things hopefully fixing it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ns158sl View Post
    Yea, those guys were firing phasers at each other. It's been a long week, I needed the laugh. The other guy helped write the fueling for GM? I need to go back and read that again.

Advanced Tuner
    smokeshow. He worked for GM and Chrysler as a Control Engineer. So pretty much take anything he says to the bank lol.