Thread: 2001 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Tune

Potential Tuner

2001 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Tune

Hello,

I just ordered the MVP13 package, I'm looking for anyone who has tuned a 4.0 to ask some questions too.

Thanks Marc

Potential Tuner
    I have been able to connect to the ECM and down load tune! 2001 Jeep cherokee XJ.

The next step is to learn about the system.....Don't Select Write unless your ready!!!!

Potential Tuner
    So, I have downloaded and written the ECM several times now, started off with timing additions and then have moved into fuel trim! Trying to get the new cam to sing!!! It?s good until almost the rev. Limiter. Where it pours more fuel to it again!

Potential Tuner
    Successful, tune! Fuel and spark timing adjustments. For new CAM!

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Marc2121 for your post. I want to use Hptuner on my '02 TJ but didn't see it on the list of supported vehicles. I see it works on yours!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc2121 View Post
    Hello,

I just ordered the MVP13 package, I'm looking for anyone who has tuned a 4.0 to ask some questions too.

Thanks Marc
    Purchased my MVP3 primarily for tuning Jeep 4.0 engines... curious how your tuning adventures have been. Post an update please.

Potential Tuner
    I haven't tried modifying anything on my 2003 TJ except the diagnostic table. My engine is bone stock besides a little more free flowing exhaust. I figure i could change timing but don't really know where since there is no knock sensor. I don't know if your XJ uses the same base map as my 2003 TJ but if so Where did additional timing seem to make a difference? thank you