Thread: 2001 4.0 wrangler

Potential Tuner

2001 4.0 wrangler

Tried to eliminate MIL by setting oxygen sensor dtcs from ?type 15? to disable and the codes do not appear after I have written but the check engine light stays on. No codes present. Am I not doing that correctly? What are type 1-15 ?

As far as I know, there's still no answer for what the DTC Fault Class types are. There have been a bunch of threads started and no answers, and if you ask HPT support you get a generic reply about how they don't offer tuning services and it's not an issue with their software. And that they don't have that information.

Post a screenshot of the DTCs you disabled. I haven't messed with a JTEC+ in a while, but the last one I did was a 2004 LJ that the evap canister fell off of. Disabled the codes and didn't get a light.

What codes were you getting?

What interface are you using?

Potential Tuner
    *following

Potential Tuner
    I just requested to see if they would add p0420 and p0430 to the list of Codes. I get those two still, they are catalytic converter inefficient for bank one and two.

The two codes relating to the EVAP system didn't get rid of my slow evap leak code so I fixed my leak. I would like to be able to cancel all the evap alarms too though if needed.
    Last edited by Bretjeep; 01-15-2024 at 02:10 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I think you need to set them to disabled. Did you take the online course to get approved to make changes to emissions related dtcs?

Potential Tuner
    I?m running into the same thing right now. Have certain codes set to ?Diasbled? but the MIL light is still lit, when you scan it, the code that is set to ?Disabled? still shows as a set code in the ECU.

I?m going to spend some time digging into the code types. From what I gather thus far, each type does a certain thing in terms of the MIL light, whether the code induces a crank limp mode. Haven?t quite figured it out.