Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can a new 6L80 TECM/TCM be configured with HP tuners?

Do not read anything from the vehicle after the new trans is in. You don't want anything that's already in the new TCM. You want to put your old file (just the TCM) into the new one. When you go to write it, pick 'do not write' for ECM, and 'write entire' for TCM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Topgun View Post
    I have a similar question related to installing a new CPP Supermatic 6L80E trans (part #19432680) in my 2013 Suburban 1500. The install sheet with the trans indicates that the interface cable (included with the trans) contains a one-time license to connect the TCM for initial use with a file on a USB drive. It also says that the trans will not function in a production vehicle. BUT, if I read my old TCM file and save it to my laptop, will I be able to write that file to the Supermatic TCM instead of using the interface cable that is included with the new trans?

Has anybody here installed a Chevrolet Performance Parts Supermatic 6L80E transmission in a production vehicle?

Thanks in advance!
    Why do any of that? Why try convert a trans specifically made (and priced, I'm assuming) to be a stand-alone thing for high-dollar hot rods into a non-stand-alone? Sell it to some rich guy and buy a normal reman transmission and use the leftover money for a vacation or something.