Thread: 2008 Expedition Roush SC E85

2008 Expedition Roush SC E85

So wanted to post some more about my 08 Custom Ford Expedition King Ranch recently I made a change and started to run pump E85 the truck has responded great to the chage and its very nnice to be able to swap back ad forth between 93 and E85 and let the wide bands do the calculations. Tonight I made a WOT pass and was pretty happy with the results even though i had the trunk loaded with tools and junk the truck accelerated amazing and the shifts were firm and right where they needed to be. the truck is one of a kind and from the pcm to the abs module and programming is based on a 5.0 coyote platform tuned to a 3v ford application. Over the last year and a half i have made the truck run as if it was a factory vehicle. some mods include return fuel system with areomotive fuel rails, ID1000 injectors, long tube headers, catted y pipe, single in dual out, 90mm ford racing throttle body, gt500 fuel pumps, stock bottom, cams, and heads. The truck has been on about 13 psi for the last 4 to 5 years and has never had any internal engine work. I personally think 3vs get a bad wrap due to the tuners having issues with the calibrations and no one vehicle is a one calibration fits all. Also truck was 6r80 select shift swapped and originally had a 6R75. The truck has gone from a quick 6 module which worked great to now everything being factory pcm controlled. The trucks vin even comes up as a 2014 mustang which is kinda funny a 6000 lb mustang basically but its a fun daily driver especially with the drive modes, sport, normal, and comfort.

if anyone is interested in help or details on this project let me know doing a 2014 mustang premium drag car it will be 3v 5.4 swapped with a fully built engine top to bottom on top of a saleen 2.3 blower and possibly twin turbos it should be a fun project engine is already in the works will have more on it coming soon.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just went back to 93 seeing as no one in the mountains stock E85 the truck runs as if it was built from the factory this way. Recently swapped injectors to a ID1000 from the FPRP 60LB and man the fuel injector control is just astonishing with the injector dynamic set up. Truck is responsive to fuel changes and the trans tuning is 2d to none in all drive modes but especially in sport. Attached is a cruise log in the mountains to me calibrating the engine is great to support your mods but you have to also enhance the trans to get the most out of the driving experience.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I've got an 08 Expy EL, all stock except for a tune from MPT. I love how to truck drives but want more out of her. I'd love to get a set of long tube, but I haven't found any Expedition specific ones and I am unsure how much fab work 3V F150 long tube would take to make fit. Are you running the Kooks LTs for a 3v F150? If so, did they fit without much modification? Thanks!

Any header for the 5.4 3v 09-14 also 05-08 F150 5.4 3v will fit with not to much modification, the muffler will have changes needed and you will have to modify the Y-PIPE 05-08 LT headers other than that it won't take much a welder or a muffler shop and it can all work.