Thread: Gen 6 Vortec 454 boost tune

Potential Tuner

Gen 6 Vortec 454 boost tune

Hi guys, I've been reading and watching videos about tuning for almost a year now, as well as downloaded the HPT VCM editor, and have been messing with tunes. I just bought an L29 454 out of a 2000 suburban, and the motor has a supercharger and 44 lb/hr injectors in it. It should make around 5 psi max. I'm getting ready to tune it, but it's kind of overwhelming as a very beginner (I've never actually tuned anything before) as to what to change to get a solid base tune for boost. Does anyone have a base tune from a boosted 454 they wouldn't mind posting so I could look at it, or could someone who's familiar with boosted motors give me an idea of where to start to get a decent baseline? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I can't really find much solid info online about boosted motors pre LS. All I have to work with is a stock tune black box PCM. I know the 0411 is much better, but I'm going to start with the black box for now. Thanks for any info!

Potential Tuner
    Im starting this build soon as well. There's not much you can do with the Original black box, I think the year black box you have can be tuned but there are a lot of limitations hardwired into the pcm. I Would honestly recommend swapping in the 0411.