Thread: Weird limiter like behavior with fbo on 16 ss a8

Potential Tuner

Weird limiter like behavior with fbo on 16 ss a8

2016 camaro ss A8??One issues has gone another one has popped up. Around 4-5k rpm the car almost hits what seems like a limiter. Tuner has never seen it before nothing in the data to show what?s causing it and no red flags popped up other than in 5th gear during the pull we checked the data and the speedo jumps up about 15 mph in a millisecond right before it hits the limiter and the timing gets pulled to 0. Any idea on what could possible be happening? It?s intermittent tuner did multiple WOT gear pulls 1-5 and got nothing other then the one time. I get in the car leave the shop try to do a pull and boom does it.
    In drive or in manual mode.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. For doing just simple full bolt ons it has been issue after issue
    Ported lt2 intake manifold
    Longtubes
    Zr1 tb
    Rotofab
    Flex fuel

Post tune I bet I know what’s happening

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Post tune I bet I know what?s happening
    trans-slip.hpl

Attached

Log won’t tell me much, I need the tune file.. I bet predicted Tq is enabled still

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuning Addict
    That or the gear ratio was changed copying from another tune. A decimal spot or two makes a big difference on these. Guilty of that myself. It has to be kept the same as the second table in the background.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Log won?t tell me much, I need the tune file.. I bet predicted Tq is enabled still
    stock-JTP-new-trans.hpt

This is the tune file

Tuning Addict
    If you haven't figured it out yet. Under DFCO - accel based - 0 out and change filter coef to 1 - commanded torque for the gears - raise up for gears. You can also max out default trans limit - that will help with shifting in general.

Pretty sure those are what Ben was referring to.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC