Thread: Going from N/A tune to FI tune

Advanced Tuner

Going from N/A tune to FI tune

I'm in the process of taking my 2020 GT from an N/A e85 bolt on tune to an FI 93 tune. I'm adding an ess charger, 120mm pulley, injectors, bap. I bought the JMS bap and plan to run it off the throttle. I guess my questions here are wot lambda range, stock timing being safe for test and tuning purposes, IMRCs, and for some reason I cannot get fuel pressure to log on the vcm scanner correctly. Should I set a limit to timing while I make changes on WOT pulls for safety? I see many people run .75 to .82 lambda so I was planning on targeting somewhere around .8 at WOT..? Do I/Should I disable IMRCs? I'd like to keep things near as stock as possible and only need to adjust things that absolutely need it for simplicity. Street car not going to be drag racing much if ever. I'm trying to make this thread a 1 stop shop for guys with many questions from going from an N/A tune to boost. There's many more topics but this is a good start. Thanks.

Tuner
    It would be best to lock the IMRCs when going with boost, they can get blown closed. Set WOT Lambda to 0.79-0.78 and run 15-17* of timing. You also need to rescale your Mapped Points.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Volstang View Post
    It would be best to lock the IMRCs when going with boost, they can get blown closed. Set WOT Lambda to 0.79-0.78 and run 15-17* of timing. You also need to rescale your Mapped Points.
    Alright, I've done all that already besides the IMRCs. I have a write up on how to lock them open. Rescaling mapped points down to fewer mapped points is what you're saying?