Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: anyone have a minute to give input?

Just about to get home. Was a long day. Going to epoxy a fitting in the manifold for the brake booster tonight. Will load tune in tommorow and give it a go. It did rain today so I knew it was gonna be tricky getting into it today. Suppose to be nice and dry tommorow. Excited to try it.

Senior Tuner
    Go easy on this one. The Speedo settings had a mismatch of Trans Revs/mile to VSS Pulses. The VSS was correct for a 4l80e, but the trans revs were not consistent with the gear ratios of the trans. I'm not sure how they got that way. Shift points and lockup settings adjusted.

Remember also that the fuel injector offset has been changed.

went for a really short run. trans behaves the same way. going to put it on the hoist and have a look at the trans plug before wasting your time. just want to make sure the correct pins are where they need to be for the oem 4l60 plug. I purchased an adapter to go from 60-80, it came with a plug adapter and the front speed sensor. I wired that to the pcm as directed. problem was with the adapter harness I only had 2nd and reverse. without the harness, plugged into the standalone harness I get 1,2,3,r. so I threw that junk in the corner of the shop somewhere. I can command 4th so i thought the wiring was ok just needed adjustments in the tuning. i will have a look.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Only 2nd and reverse and no speedo if I switch the pins on the plug like I have read. Switched it back to the way it was.

here is the evening cruise.
    Last edited by dooglestien; 09-07-2023 at 10:13 PM.

Senior Tuner
    P1860 code pending. It began at log 4. Changes to trans settings didn't occur until tune 6. Load this tune and clear DTC's. See if it makes it into 4th.

Try to get more cells populated on the RPM vs MAP table. I know it's hard to get them all, but do your best.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 09-08-2023 at 12:53 AM.

Cleared the codes and loaded it in. no changes in the trans. in my water locked community we only have 1 road here that has an 80kph speed limit. the rest is 50 or 60 so I am alright for now without. seems to hesitate to go past around 2-4psi (which is the highest I have seen since the injector adjustment). I tried to get it past that point a couple times but no dice.

Senior Tuner
    What do you mean? I see 7 psi @ 3500rpm, time 23:54.

Changes applied. It didn't take much since it's pretty close. Get a lot higher in the RPM's so the rest of the table can be setup. Leave it in 2nd if you have to that's fine. Do it carefully tho. Watch KR and lambda.

Morning! I was able to open the ve table and monitor while driving, think I got a bit more filled in on the chart. I did a couple pulls on that run, feels strong but maybe my goals were a bit too optimistic. I figured this truck would catch me off gaurd as the quickest car I have had was a foxbody with a 125 shot and i thought this would be a little more of a handful than it is. The power is super smooth though, I need to check my boost gauge connection as I am not seeing anything over 5 on a wide open pull. Can I take my map at idle and subtract it from a reading in higher rpms to determine actual? again... thanks so much man.

Senior Tuner
    Subtract MAP at key on engine off. Atmospheric pressure is 101.3kpa at sea level. If you want to nerd out you can consult your local weather station for barometric pressure that day

What fuel are you running? Intercooler and turbo size?

Look at the log real quick. Any idea why it looses telemetry for large stretches of time? One of them is a 7 minute gap.

Wideband is showing 0.5 nearly the entire time, beyond the dead zones.

Can't use this log.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 09-09-2023 at 04:48 PM.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07K3S...b_b_asin_title

30x12x3 intercooler and 94 pump gas.

I don't plan on running the turbo forever. Haha. Figured good enough for now.
    Last edited by dooglestien; 09-09-2023 at 05:02 PM.

Senior Tuner
    See the edit, too.

I will have a look at home in a bit. I have changed the readout on the afr to lambda, I didn't change anything in the channels. I think I was reading last night that may be a problem when they are not the same rreadings between vcm and the gauge.
    After googling telemetry (lol) I can tell you I heard a noise and something jingle down the highway. I just pulled over and walked back to make sure it was nothing important. I left the scanner going to avoid 2 logs. Better to shut it off and start log again and just record 2?
    I also recall something about people saying to use the blue wire on the prolink. I think mine is one the white.
    Last edited by dooglestien; 09-09-2023 at 05:15 PM.

Senior Tuner
    So, it's just you shutting it off? Strange that the RPM creeps up like that. I was able to filter on the logs where it happened before. On this log, wideband is showing 0.5 lambda even while everything else is collecting data.

It definitely seems to be working fine on the gauge itself. I have never seen it that low on the gauge.. ever. Steady throttle its steady around 1, creeps down when you get on it but no lower than around .75 if I recall.

I'm trying to re-download the channel for the aem 30-0300 gauge just to make sure everything is input correctly. Bit more of a chore than I thought. I will get it. Must be something to do with settings if I am getting the data on the gauge, seems like the gauge isn't communicating with vcm scanner like it should.

Senior Tuner
    Btw what heads? Do you happen to remember if the pistons were dished or flat?

Senior Tuner
    Wideband was working fine until you shut the truck off. That's probably all it is. I guess the solution is on the next log don't do that lol.

Hahah. Damn. Ok, will set it up again tomorow. It has 706 heads and I don't remember the pistons being anything other than flat. I will look through some pics.

Senior Tuner
    Was able to glean a little data.

Right on. I looked through pics and they look like flat top pistons. I will load that up and give it a try. Let that pig eat or what?