Thread: 8L90-E problems, Help!

Potential Tuner

Angry 8L90-E problems, Help!

Recently installed FBO ported Lt2 im, zr1 tb, rotofab, and longtubes on my 2016 Camaro SS
    Car was being tuned and something happened that the tuner has never seen. While in manual mode during a WOT pull the transmission tried to downshift to a lower gear so in fear of hurting the car the tuning had to come to a hold.
    Shortly after the install was done I myself noticed the same thing while moving the car in manual mode, upshifted to third gear then all of a sudden I see its trying to downshift to 1st. Never occurred prior to bolt ons.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, my assumptions is the tcm is taking a crap.

You could be right about the TCM, BUT it needs a diagnostic. A GOOD scan tool is a must. Need to monitor things like input and output speed sensors and if there are any codes in the ECM or TCM that can affect the trans. Also would be prudent to get your stock tune and do a compare to see if something was accidentally changed that could be causing the issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Better save a log of all the PIDs capturing the unexpected downshift and review it, an input somewhere is causing this. I would be floored if it was a bad computer causing this, really makes no sense.

Tuning Addict
    The 8l's are known for having valve body problems, but that's almost always a 1-2 upshift issue. I've never seen one just downshift unless something was off in the tune or especially with the torque model calculations.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC