Thread: Unrealistic air load

Tuner

Unrealistic air load

So I am trying to dial in my tune and have been having issues getting my speed density dialed in. It seems to want to always calculate the MAP higher then it actually is in some areas no matter what I do. I have checked my fuel pressure, injector data, and have dialed in my MAF curve multiple times. My injectors were cleaned and flow tested what they should have. Recently I noticed that the air load seems to exceed what i think is possible for this motor. Im thinking something is causing this is also the reason for the SD tuning issues. I keep coming back to thinking its the injectors/MAV curve but my fuel trims are +/- 2% and the curve looks perfect.

The build
    2015 GT
    ported Gen 3 intake
    mildly ported heads
    sleeved and rotating assembly 10.2:1 compression
    Stock cams
    stock throttle body
    Custom built twin turbo

Below is a screen shot of a log where at a MAP of 54 (11.5 lbs of boost) its reading an air load of 2.0
    MAF Load Actual.JPG

Attached is the current tune. Runs and drives well its just that Calc MAP and Air load that doesn't seem to line up.
    2015 mustang GT.hpt

Im really running out of ideas here and anyone with some direction or insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Relentless; 08-30-2023 at 04:01 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    What?s the rpm at that time?

Tuner
    That is at 4950 RPM but it usually seem oddly high around 4000-5500.

Tuner
    I just noticed my Aircharge at WOT was high. I was trying to see if it could help bring my Calc MAP down. I put it back to stock. Ill try that in the morning.

Tuner
    I did the math and it adds up (based off MAF). So im thinking it has to be a issue with injectors or fueling some how causing my MAF curve to be off.

Advanced Tuner
    Load is a simple calculation. Load = MAF/rpm/4 x engine displacement. Engine displacement is under Engine\general\engine\size.

Load = 65.35/4950/4 x .00176 = 1.98. This is close enough to your 2.01 in the log to call it the same, probably only off due to log timing.

Advanced Tuner
    You can recalculate some of your torque/inverse tables if you wanted to go that route, you have them all enabled. If it's running good, let it.

tqinvcalcresult.png

Tuner in Training
    Ever thought about buying a 3 bar map sensor like a GM LSA sensor and t-ing it off your break booster line to get actual map? You can use the AC pressure sensor switch and just run no air conditioning until you dial in your speed density tables.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jadenbender View Post
    Ever thought about buying a 3 bar map sensor like a GM LSA sensor and t-ing it off your break booster line to get actual map? You can use the AC pressure sensor switch and just run no air conditioning until you dial in your speed density tables.
    I am dialing in my SD tables. I use a AEM 3 bar sensor off a vacuum distribution port. I was questioning the VE as it was higher then i expected a turbo motor to get. Im thinking its likely accurate and its just a combination of efficient turbo/ effective head porting.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    You can recalculate some of your torque/inverse tables if you wanted to go that route, you have them all enabled. If it's running good, let it.

tqinvcalcresult.png
    Is there a benefit to disabling the torque tables?