Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: AEM UEGO Wideband math parameters for MPVI3

Senior Tuner
    The charts, channel and layout type files are xml files that are opened from within the scanner program.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbs88 View Post

You won't be able to just open those files by clicking them. Open your scanner, right click a graph, click "graph layout", click "open layout file", and load them from there.

As discussed by PM
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    I have gone through the MAF only and didn't see any difference between the CL and OL. Am I correct in that observation?

While a compare file is loaded, on the top menu click compare-> open comparison log. Changes should be under engine-> fuel-> Oxygen sensors

Tuner

1st scan with new layout

I have done all that we discussed Rabb88 and this is the result. The one thing that is different in the tune is I had to Enable the STFT/LTFT to get the MAF and VE graphs to populate. I went through everything and triple checked. Those are the only 2 things I could find that would allow the graphs to work.

Tuner

2nd scan after 1st adjustment

Attached is the scan after my 1st adjustment on both the MAF and VE.

Not sure why those tunes didn't work for you, just double checked them real quick and the O2's were turned on for the closed lop ones. Oh well, what you did to get it working is correct.

I assume you adjusted VE and MAF on separate tunes in your last log? Looking at the differences you should be proud, looks much better! The before and after screenshots I attached from my scanner speak for themselves. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so when I'm dialing in my fueling I like to be within 1% but I feel an acceptable range that most would agree with is about 3%.

A couple spots that were off in the last log but that could have been bad data too. Maybe one more round of VE and MAF to double check and you'll be dialed in enough to do some WOT tuning. Before you get started there you can take your current MAF curve and ballpark the rest of the shape to get it close. Same for the VE table but that's a little more difficult.

Were any of the open loop graphs working for you? Those should always populate values but they won't be useful unless the car is in open loop only. It will look almost perfect in closed loop because it's correcting everything for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner

3rd scan update

I have been working off of the first tune and making smaller adjustments each time. I have even adjusted individual cells then blended to get the better. The MAF and VE are reading good and I am getting cells for the STFT. I haven't really paid any attention to the LTFT because its only been 15 minute drives. attached are the last scan and I'm headed out for the last one for today. For some reason though the idle AFR is still really lean.

Tuner

4th scan

I am not getting any cell activity for the LTFT on this last scan and noticed some new cells are starting to populate for the MAF and VE. You said your a perfectionist so I will have no problems with tips or advice as I am also one. If its not perfect I'm not satisfied. On thelast drive I didn't go WOT because the tune isn't isn't quite right, but I did roll on the gas little harder to get a more from the scan and noticed that areas for the MAF that were in the green from scan 3 are now 1-3 numbers in the red. should I go back on my last adjustment or adjust the new cells like I have been?

Quote Originally Posted by 400Horses View Post
    The MAF and VE are reading good and I am getting cells for the STFT. I haven't really paid any attention to the LTFT because its only been 15 minute drives.
    I'm a bit confused about what you mean here but regardless, there's really no need to pay attention to trims right now. Just keep them as a logged PID in your channels list and forget they're there. While your logging either open or closed loop, just watch whichever the appropriate graph is (VE OR MAF) plot the %Error data as you drive to make sure it's not crazy lean.

From last tune you posted you have the LTFT drop down box enabled but your LTFT enable ECT table is maxed out and right above that your closed loop enable table (ETC vs IAT) is maxed as well? That means your forcing open loop which is what your tune is labeled as, you just missed the drop down box I'm assuming? Your log shows fuel trims active though so I'm not sure why they're back on there. Anyway, your fueling is much better than before. Your last log however (truck scan 4) shows STFT active but LTFT disabled so something is wrong there if your trying to go back into closed loop.

I apologize for the block of text but to explain in detail what needs to happen next we will have to start with some theory. When you adjust your tune into "MAF only", it really isn't ever MAF only as there is no way to 100% disable the VE functionality in the PCM. We only use the available tables within HP Tuners to prevent the PCM from referencing the VE table while tuning the MAF scale. On the other hand, failing the MAF and going VE only (Speed Density) works as it should. No worries with the PCM referencing the MAF while tuning VE so long as the MAF is failed correctly.

With that being said, I tend to dial in the VE first with Gen3's because if the VE is already dialed when you are tuning the MAF in "MAF only", the errors your logging are going to be significantly more accurate due to the PCM referencing a solid VE table. Make sense?

Attached is your last posted tune in open loop speed density. You should be safe at this point to start getting into some higher RPM and even WOT as long as it's not too lean. Watch your graphs as you log and take things slow if your not comfortable. Try that out, make your adjustments, flash it, log it again, and post the log and tune and we'll see how everything looks. Your doing good, just a few minor hiccups

Tuner
    Sorry for the confusion on the LTFT comment I was just letting you know they graph wasn't populating. As for the tune tables... I'm not sure why they are set up that way. I set everything up the way you recommended. The only change I did was enable the LTFT and STFT because my Scanner wasn't populating for the MAF and VE graphs. I don't know why my HPT is doing that but right now I'm not changing anything because its working unless you recommend something I should try LOL. I made some changes to the transmission tune to keep the new transmission safe until I got to this point. Now that the tune is more stable should I changes those parameters back or leave them? I will also look at the file you shared this afternoon when I can get on my Laptop.

My open loop graphs aren't populating anything for your logs either. It's clearly logging the wideband so I'm not sure what's wrong there. That would be the next thing to figure out before you continue.

For the trans there's a tool created by "bluecat" that works very well. A quick search should pull up a thread with a download link in it. I believe there's a few YouTube videos showing how it works. It's pretty simple and gets you very close the first shot

Tuner
    I did the search for blue cat and it gives me nothing. I did a search on here as well and all of the links have been dead ends.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 400Horses View Post
    I did the search for blue cat and it gives me nothing. I did a search on here as well and all of the links have been dead ends.
    PM sent, I have it but it wont let me upload it here.
    Building Automatic Transmissions since 1978
    "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply."--Ernest Hemingway.

Black 2000 S10 Base 2.2L Flex Current LS10 swap project
    Red 2000 Blazer LT 4x4 3.73 SOLD
    Red 1998 S10 SS 4.3L Deceased 10/31/2014

Tuner

scan 3 vs scan 5

So... This is what has happened this afternoon. I looked over the OL updates and made the changes to set things right and ran another scan. I reloaded the OL adjustment 3 that I had already shared with the changes you suggested, and this is what happened during the scan. If it changes that much from 3 changes how am I suppose to know if its right?

The "scan 5" log still has STFT active. I actually missed a table in the last tune I attached which is probably the reason for that. Here's a fixed one.

Here are the fixed graphs for OL AFR logging. I keep forgetting your tuning in AFR which is why they weren't working.

Here's a link to the Bluecat tool as well

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showp...08&postcount=2

Also, you may want to consider transforming your wideband to start logging/tuning in lambda. The CL graphs are showing ok but the OL ones are way off. Here's a quick read that should explain why that's so

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...h-value-in-PCM
    Last edited by rabbs88; 09-06-2023 at 02:45 AM.

Tuner
    I made the new graphs, but won't be able to check them until tomorrow. I will let you know if they work. I found your changes for the tune. Too verify you had the DTC's and MAF maxed to 14000? I saw a slight change in the main VE and a cell in MAF calibration, but those weren't anything major.

The only thing I'm changing in the tunes ive attached is either O2 sensor settings to enable/disable OL/CL or failing the MAF + associated DTC's. I've never touched any VE or MAF calibration cells. Those should only be changed by your error % after a log.

Tuner
    Ok, I came across a couple of adjustments that were highlighted when I was comparing the 2 files. It must have been tables I had missed in the tune before I sent it to you. I will revert them back and with your changes and go from there.