Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: AEM UEGO Wideband math parameters for MPVI3

Tuner
    It doesn't matter what I do nothing works the way the instructions list. AFR is lean. MAF tables won't change after adjustments. I have installed all of the best equipment to get this right so ANY help would be gratefully appreciated.

Why did your engine hydro-lock and is that 100% fixed? Don't need that happening again

Your tune file name says STFT and LTFT disabled but your log shows both of them active. Do you want to tune in closed or open loop?

Also your running a blended tune. You'll need to pick MAF or VE to start with, dial it in, then do the other. Your MAF curve needs work, VE honestly doesn't look bad but who knows if it's accurate until you log VE only.

Try these. They're just simple closed and open loop charts

According to your trims, your running rich, not lean
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    I am attempting to tune in open loop like all of you experienced guys have suggested to get the MAF dialed in. Then I was going to do the VE tuning so I could start doing pulls to dial in the timing. Well.... that is how I interpreted all of the videos and information I have read. I have disconnected the MAF and set up another Scanner layout to try VE tuning to see if I could get a better result. It didn't work. attached are the scan and VE adjustments that I was able to do if you want to see what was going on. Also, as for the LT/STFT I had them shut off when I was doing the tuning. I had turned them back on before I had sent you the tune, and the original motor hydro locked with fuel after we installed the heads, cam, and exhaust. I never figured out why it was dumping so much fuel, but I had another motor for my Tahoe that we built and transfered the parts over to the new shortblock.
    Last edited by 400Horses; 08-30-2023 at 09:12 PM.

Do not unplug the MAF. Your IAT sensor is built into it and is required for VE calculations.

Your tune you posted isn't set up to tune VE properly. In your DTC's, turn on "SES Enable" for P0101-3 and under Airflow-> Dynamic-> set "High RPM Disable" to a high RPM you won't reach like 8000 or something. Read the definition when you hover your mouse over that table. You should have a check engine light on when you start your truck.

To tune your MAF, simply set that table to 1 and re-enable your MAF settings

Your running about 25% rich. I would probably put your stock VE table back in and start from there.

Tuner
    I didn't think about the IAT sensor. I have reverted back to the last tune loaded so the truck will run which put the MAF back in the tune. I will look over the files you shared and go from there. The file I shared for the VE tuning is where I stopped for the night. I had started with the stock VE and that is how far I had dropped all of the tables, and wanted to share so you could see the swing in the tune I am seeing. If I am tuning for MAF it is way lean. If I'm tuning for VE its way to rich. I have my WB sensor in the crossover tube that runs under the tailshaft..... Do you think it it too far away and it needs to be moved to the O2 bung in the collector to get a more accurate reading?

You will want your wideband closer if you can. They need heat to function properly. Where it is now I doubt it will be off much but to do it right you should weld another O2 bung in right after your upstream O2. Technically you could remove an upstream but you will have to ensure the tune is in open loop because you wont have any fuel trims for that bank in closed loop.

Tuner
    I am running Longtubes and the wideband is maybe 18" after the upstream O2 on the driverside. It is a speed engineering setup that already had the bung welded in the tube.

Should be fine

Tuner
    I am VE tuning right now and my trans has started shifting harder and the truck isn't wanting to idle in gear. Does the MAF being shut off have anything to do with that issue? I also made the change you had caught and the maf is plugged in this time. it made a world of difference on the AFR.

Depends how far off the VE is from your MAF. Post a log and tune again. Easier to see what's going on

Tuner
    Here is where I'm at so far for the VE tuning. I got the VE to change but once it started going to the rich side it started having idling issues and the shifts gradually got more and more firm. I haven't tried tuning the MAF again yet which is partly why I asked if it could have caused the shifting issues.
    Last edited by 400Horses; 09-01-2023 at 06:12 AM.

I should have asked what injectors your using before anything else

Tuner
    I am using factory GM 30lb injectors. Also, I tried to look at the files you shared and can't get them to open. I also ran a scan on my stock 03 tahoe just to get some hard numbers on the MAF and wanted to ask your opinion on where the maf should be. I always work better with a goal to meet rather than working blind. I know where I need to have my VE, and how it needs to read when I have the tune correct using the STFT/LTFT. However I don't really know where the MAF needs to be with the mods that are done to the motor. Is it suppose to be .50 to .70lb/min at idle like it read from the factory, or should it register higher because of the added air going through it. Right now I'm seeing an average of 1.20-1.30lb/min at idle.
    Last edited by 400Horses; 09-01-2023 at 06:16 AM.

30lb injectors from what stock vehicle exactly? Do you have a part number? Need to make sure the injector data is right first or no matter how good of a tuner you are you'll chase your tail.

You won't be able to just open those files by clicking them. Open your scanner, right click a graph, click "graph layout", click "open layout file", and load them from there.

Personally, I never look at the MAF or VE values so I don't know off the top of my head. I just look at the data I plot in the graphs and paste the errors to my current MAF/VE values.

According to my math, your VE needs some work. Those are % error values. See the screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    I will have to get the part number this afternoon, but they came from a stock 5.3 that was built for boost in a 2014 silverado. The guy that built my shortblock gave them to me because I had the original 27lb injectors in the truck. He is also the one that set up the base tune that I started tuning from so he added the injector data. I agree with you on the VE needing work. The rich area in green was all red when I started the VE tuning, but like I mentioned I got to a point and it started affecting the trans shift pressures and in-gear idle.

Tuner
    My injectors are a 12580681 stock GM 30.2 used for the LY6 6.0 until 2009.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a pro when it comes to gen 3/4 swap stuff but it seems accurate to me. Did you get the graphs I posted to work in your scanner? Once you do it should be smooth sailing

Tuner
    I had a security block on my laptop. I am trying to download them now.

Tuner
    I'm not sure of how your files were suppose to open. I can read them, but they are downloading as an xml document.

Tuner
    I sent you a private message about your files.