Thread: 2004 Pontiac GP GTP Tuning

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb 2004 Pontiac GP GTP Tuning

So I've been tuning for more power, obviously. I think I'm starting to run out of injector, I'm hitting 110% injector duty cycle. I was wondering how I'd go about tuning for deka 60# injectors, and also looking for some tips if you guys see anything out of the ordinary in my tune/scan files.
    Current mods are- 3.4in ZZP Modular, cold air intake, walbro 255 pump, NGK 4177 (two heat range colder plugs), 180* thermostat, stock diameter straight pipe with resonator.
    Thank you!Sharable Log.hplFixing knock 7.19.23 OE MAF 3.4in Pulley version 9.hpt

What is your wideband saying for fueling?

I can't view the logs but from the tune file I see a few problems.

You are still running the stock power enrichment setting with the RPM adder. So under long fuel throttle runs you could be commanding an air fuel ratio down into the 10's pretty easy. I really think you should simplify the PE settings. Zero out the RPM adder and command one specific fuel ratio.

Start with like an 11.0 AFR commanded and make the fueling match that using the MAF curve. You'll probably gain back injector room as well.

Your timing tables look terrible. The FUEL timing adder is still in play, so everytime the commanded AFR drops down, it's adding in extra timing. The timing at .80 and higher looks terrible, you are asking for negative timing at certain RPM areas, that's not good. If you can't run at least 12-14 degrees of timing without knock, you aren't making good power.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    ZZP offers Deka 60's. Ask them if it comes with all the data beyond what's listed on their product description. Then kindly share that data

https://zzperformance.com/collection...58675cd9&_ss=c

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

You are still running the stock power enrichment setting with the RPM adder. So under long fuel throttle runs you could be commanding an air fuel ratio down into the 10's pretty easy. I really think you should simplify the PE settings. Zero out the RPM adder and command one specific fuel ratio.

Start with like an 11.0 AFR commanded and make the fueling match that using the MAF curve. You'll probably gain back injector room as well.

Your timing tables look terrible. The FUEL timing adder is still in play, so everytime the commanded AFR drops down, it's adding in extra timing. The timing at .80 and higher looks terrible, you are asking for negative timing at certain RPM areas, that's not good. If you can't run at least 12-14 degrees of timing without knock, you aren't making good power.
    home from sheetz 8.16.23.hpl This might work better for the log? I don't really know. I don't currently have a wideband, I'm looking to get one. But I'll change the rpm adder and work on fixing the MAF curve, but yeah the timing in the top end is atrocious.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

Fueling changes 8.17.23 OE MAF 3.4in Pulley V1.hpt
    Also just real quick, I changed the PE fuel base vs ECT and zeroed out the Fuel adder Vs Rpm vs Time, i'm assuming I did it right?

I can't view the logs as this computer has older software, it's not your fault or anything.

Yes, you did the changes to PE correctly. You really need a wideband before doing much more. Knowing the fueling is key here, it needs to match the commanded before getting to deep into other changes.

Don't forget to zero out the base fuel spark adder table, this way it's using exactly what you have in the high octane table.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Alright, what one would you suggest to go with my MPVI3? I was looking at getting this one https://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-0300-W.../dp/B0184TSI84 I also just fixed the base spark adder, I really appreciate your help, and whenever I get the wideband would you mind if I PM'd you for some more assistance?