Thread: 2014 gt500

Tuner in Training

2014 gt500

Hello Does anyone have a starter file there willing to share I'm working on a 2014 GT500 its all stock now I'm adding 10% lower JLT 123mm and Ford racing twin 65mm. I've tuned a few 2007-2009 GT500 whipple cars with big injectors and headers with good results, but this looks nothing like early cars. Looks like it runs off driver demand table and has a lot of protection built in.

With the copperhead pcm its more torque based vs the 07-2010 gt500 Spanish oak pcms you need to disable the long trims, maf adaption, cylair anticipation, also disable your engine/fuel/temp control 3 switches and log the MAF by making a graph in vcm scanner you have to make sure you are logging CHANNELS (MAF FLOW, MAF PERIOD) to get your base data im sure jlt can give you a base to start then you can dial it in after that. Also since you have a Ford Racing Throttle Body (cobra jet) you need to adjust your PREDICTED THROTTLE & EFFECTIVE AREA Tables in Engine/ Airflow/ Electric Throttle same thing make graphs based on the tables and log the channels. You should also be able to find a base for the throttle data I have it I think you can DM me your calibration and ill have a look to help get you started. But that's the gist of calibrating it takes time and know how there are no short cuts in this business if you want it doe right and your nice car to be reliable.

Potential Tuner
    Hi,

Also have same questions about GT500 13/14 tuning problems when going for big power. Have 800whp and 700ft-lbs.
    When I drive on the street with normal traction control on I get, after same driving with same use of my power to, I get a traction warning and traction off alarm in my cluster.
    I have nowadays a 6R80 with Usshift Quick 6 transmission controls.
    I don't know why traction gives an alarm but I have not changed std TR6060 Transmission gear ratios settings in HP tuners for each 6 gears. I Am not using auto transmission settings because I have my standalone unit for it.

Try to send my HP tune.

Whipple 4.0
    Boost 21Psi
    VMP monoblade 137
    Std GT500-13 supercar cams and pistons
    Manley H-beam rods
    Ported heads
    Rear axle 3.31:1
    6R80 to go faster at the dragstrip.

/Erik

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have a datalog if the car throwing traction control?

Potential Tuner
    Yes I have in VCM scanner I send here.
    Attached Files Attached Files