Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 21-23 E90 Global B Support Now Available!

Advanced Tuner
    Got a list of these Authorized folks?

So I?ve read this three times and just making damn sure I?m reading correctly. Someone please tell me I?m reading wrong! I can send my E90 in off my 2023 Tahoe l84 to hptuners for the unlock BUT I can?t tune the truck myself? Hell all I want to do is turn DFM off. Until I get my whipple installed.

The only places that can tune my truck is a certified reseller?
    2019 Procharged 5.3, KOOKS 1 7/8 long tubes, full true dual 3? magnaflow with built in x pipe, L86 intake, and throttle body, with a shade tree tune and a F**king locked T93 trans "she runs good though" plugs look nice lol

Tuning Addict
    E90's in general are editable and if you installed a cam or anything like that you're in for a world of fun This just pertains to the really new ones. The global B's. I wasn't able to look at the one sent to me. Just said I wasn't authorized. I'm also using somewhat old software so maybe the problem? I haven't contacted hpt to know for sure. You might want to do that before having anything done.

Edit - Just got out the other computer with the latest beta download - Still says not authorized to open the file. I also only have a mpvi 2, so not sure if that has anything to do with it as I know you need a newer interface to even look at the newer vettes.
    Last edited by GHuggins; 12-07-2023 at 11:12 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    E90's in general are editable and if you installed a cam or anything like that you're in for a world of fun This just pertains to the really new ones. The global B's. I wasn't able to look at the one sent to me. Just said I wasn't authorized. I'm also using somewhat old software so maybe the problem? I haven't contacted hpt to know for sure. You might want to do that before having anything done.

Edit - Just got out the other computer with the latest beta download - Still says not authorized to open the file. I also only have a mpvi 2, so not sure if that has anything to do with it as I know you need a newer interface to even look at the newer vettes.
    MPVI3 is required on the global B, and the latest version of BETA, But on a side note I made a call last night to a "GOOD" a local tuner to me and he said he does have the authorization from hptuners to make changes to my 23 tahoe where regular people like you and myself do not. In My opinion this is no different than Father GM locking them down in the first place so ONLY GM can work on their ECM,TCM. Very shit move in my opinion by HPtuners just to make a dollar, or even ensure that Their resellers make a dollar, even IF their certified reseller blows my shit up, or cant tune an edelbrock to run!!!

It would be different if HPtuner actually offered full vehicle tuning and locked the tunes down, I would not mind that! but thats not the case! they are locking them down and handcuffing us so we have to use people, "ALOT of UNQUALIFIED" to tune our vehicles.

I say either unlock the tune, or Offer a tuning service by HPTUNERs to us! Hell if it blows up Id like to be the one to do it. They are basically washing their hands of any liability on the structure of the complexity in tuning on the newer platforms.
    2019 Procharged 5.3, KOOKS 1 7/8 long tubes, full true dual 3? magnaflow with built in x pipe, L86 intake, and throttle body, with a shade tree tune and a F**king locked T93 trans "she runs good though" plugs look nice lol

Senior Tuner
    I assume this is sort of a soft rollout to check/test things.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob3318 View Post
    MPVI3 is required on the global B, and the latest version of BETA, But on a side note I made a call last night to a "GOOD" a local tuner to me and he said he does have the authorization from hptuners to make changes to my 23 tahoe where regular people like you and myself do not. In My opinion this is no different than Father GM locking them down in the first place so ONLY GM can work on their ECM,TCM. Very shit move in my opinion by HPtuners just to make a dollar, or even ensure that Their resellers make a dollar, even IF their certified reseller blows my shit up, or cant tune an edelbrock to run!!!

It would be different if HPtuner actually offered full vehicle tuning and locked the tunes down, I would not mind that! but thats not the case! they are locking them down and handcuffing us so we have to use people, "ALOT of UNQUALIFIED" to tune our vehicles.

I say either unlock the tune, or Offer a tuning service by HPTUNERs to us! Hell if it blows up Id like to be the one to do it. They are basically washing their hands of any liability on the structure of the complexity in tuning on the newer platforms.
    Yes and I've actually had some of these "qualified good" tuners emailing me wanting help on these platforms. Trust me they aren't easy to get to run right. The shop HPT and others use to promote their products is a prime example. Wouldn't trust them for nothing even though they have a "big name". I've seen more garbage from them than anyone out there. Now I'm not perfect, but still I at least try to dial everything in. Just getting one of these to cold start with a cam takes some serious torque model, idle and fueling dial ins. I find it best if you have a known 5th gen 6.2 or whatever using the same cam to copy all of the tables over to one of these then dial in the VE tables. Sounds crazy, but it works very well. Makes a world of difference putting the older 5th gen tables into one especially if you've already spent a lot of time fine tuning the same setup. Just DON'T EVER copy over the spark ethanol multiplier Funny thing is HPT, SCT, EFI or whomever always said they had legal right to get into and make available to the public the cals as it was purchased and owned by the vehicle owner as the laws state. Now HPT is doing the same thing they were arguing against. Funny right... This is also granted I just don't need a MPVI3 to look at things and not just talking out my arse Could be all it is, but doesn't sound like it...
    Last edited by GHuggins; 12-08-2023 at 12:05 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Im by no means a gen 5 tuner, I just really want to turn off DFM for now, I will be installing a 3.0 whipple on my 2023 tahoe very soon in which whipple provides the tune thats ALSO locked by whipple. Now I do understand them locking their proprietary tune for the blower, but in order for me to turn off DFM in Whipples tune I will literally have to retune for the blower and everything off a stock base file. Id like to add long tubes, cam, lifters, etc etc in the future but sounds like Im locked down either way I go.

My thoughts are if I have enough money to have a paid off 2023 tahoe as a leisure vehicle then I must have enough money to be ok to blow it up. That being said I dont care to watch someone else fumble it up and pop it. This sucks ass.

HPTUNERS PLEASE LET US BLOW OUR OWN SHIT UP>>>ILL GLADLY SIGN A WAIVER!!!!

Tuner in Training
    basically Hptuners granted authorization to most sellers only ignoring the fact that most customers purchase Hptuners interface for their own tuning and troubleshooting!
    Then what will happen is simply that customers will no longer buy more products and for sure will not give their cars to "authorized with zero skill" tuners, therefore a decline in sales until Hptuners realizes that and correct it but it will be too late and no more trust .. why would we buy a product that could be useless within a year or so ?!

Tuner in Training
    Are you buying E90's? Ill trade for credits.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob3318 View Post
    So I?ve read this three times and just making damn sure I?m reading correctly. Someone please tell me I?m reading wrong! I can send my E90 in off my 2023 Tahoe l84 to hptuners for the unlock BUT I can?t tune the truck myself? Hell all I want to do is turn DFM off. Until I get my whipple installed.

The only places that can tune my truck is a certified reseller?
    yessir!!!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rousha View Post
    basically Hptuners granted authorization to most sellers only ignoring the fact that most customers purchase Hptuners interface for their own tuning and troubleshooting!
    This 👆🏽
    Also, there's another players moving forward on Global B architecture.

This is completely opposite on what I thought was this platform for. Specially for people outside US with zero chances on tuning this global b stuff.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanDC View Post
    This 
    Also, there's another players moving forward on Global B architecture.

This is completely opposite on what I thought was this platform for. Specially for people outside US with zero chances on tuning this global b stuff.
    There are alot of things that can go wrong with global b, for instance if a customer sends us their pcm and then installs a new pcm while they wait for the unlock when they get the unlocked pcm back it won't work in their car. Basically our preferred shops were meant to act as a short term buffer for issues like this because they have the tools to fix many minor issues when they arise that the avg person would not have at their immediate disposal.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    There are alot of things that can go wrong with global b, for instance if a customer sends us their pcm and then installs a new pcm while they wait for the unlock when they get the unlocked pcm back it won't work in their car. Basically our preferred shops were meant to act as a short term buffer for issues like this because they have the tools to fix many minor issues when they arise that the avg person would not have at their immediate disposal.
    I appreciate the effort on this kind of "close" beta testing to a new platform. But time is running, and now it's 2024 and I'm feeling behind as a tuner, since I'm not able to get hands on Global B.

On 2023 I've purchased an additional MPVI3, thinking on having access to new GM releases, supporting HPTuners for the future, but for me, that's not happening.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanDC View Post
    I appreciate the effort on this kind of "close" beta testing to a new platform. But time is running, and now it's 2024 and I'm feeling behind as a tuner, since I'm not able to get hands on Global B.

On 2023 I've purchased an additional MPVI3, thinking on having access to new GM releases, supporting HPTuners for the future, but for me, that's not happening.
    So even with the MPVI3 you can't modify or flash a Global B? I was told you could as long as you have the right interface. Now I'm second guessing ordering one.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    So even with the MPVI3 you can't modify or flash a Global B? I was told you could as long as you have the right interface. Now I'm second guessing ordering one.
    You can't. I've not used my MPVI3 on anything. Even if I send the ECM for physical unlock, I can't reach an authorized tuner (I'm outside US).

Tuning Addict
    I was told by support just recently that you only have to use an authorized shop to have it unlocked, but as long as you have an MPVI3, that you can in fact change and write one. I only currently have a MPVI2, which won't even allow me to look at one. Unless I was told wrong by support, you should be able to flash it once unlocked using a mpvi 3.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    I was told by support just recently that you only have to use an authorized shop to have it unlocked, but as long as you have an MPVI3, that you can in fact change and write one. I only currently have a MPVI2, which won't even allow me to look at one. Unless I was told wrong by support, you should be able to flash it once unlocked using a mpvi 3.
    That's the info I have on my mail over a support ticket on Dec/6/2023. If anything have changed please let us know.

It will be beneficial for my small business, since I've let some global B vehicles pass because of the way is being handled the global B platform. Even for a simple tire size change.

Tuning Addict
    What I asked and this was after being told that I needed the mpvi 3 -

"Do I need special access to modify a tune even after getting the MPVI3 or can I literally tune any of them as long as I have the mpvi3? That's the part that needs clarification. I keep getting told that Global B has to have special access to tune them. "

The response I got, whether it's accurate or not I do not know -

"
    Only resellers of ours can unlock the ECMs but once unlocked anyone can tune."

Support ticket #407905 Jan 15th 2024

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner
    What I asked and this was after being told that I needed the mpvi 3 -

"Do I need special access to modify a tune even after getting the MPVI3 or can I literally tune any of them as long as I have the mpvi3? That's the part that needs clarification. I keep getting told that Global B has to have special access to tune them. "

The response I got, whether it's accurate or not I do not know -

"
    Only resellers of ours can unlock the ECMs but once unlocked anyone can tune."

Support ticket #407905 Jan 15th 2024
    Well you got an updated answer about this topic. Better to get a formal answer from HPT Staff.

You do not need to be on some special white list to open/edit/flash Global B (other than having a MPVI3 plugged in which admittedly slows me down sometimes if I forget my cable at work or home). ANY authorized reseller can purchase the Global B unlock now, and I believe anyone can purchase an unlock shortly without an account. Global B stuff is a little different, and they wanted to go through growing pains with people who have the tools, knowledge, and most importantly mindset to put up with it. Was everyone on that list truly qualified to be there?... Probably not.

The other option is to unlock it yourself. Figure out how to do it, write all your own definitions, then sell it with your own rules. Or... play by their rules and don't bite the hand that feeds.
    Last edited by DSteck; 01-27-2024 at 06:03 PM.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!