Thread: Hmm throttle closing for no reason

Hmm throttle closing for no reason

Well this is weird, out of nowhere my throttle has stopped opening fully it seems once the motor goes above 8100 RPM. Have not seen this till a day ago, it almost seems like it started after updating software to 5.1.1513

Is anyone else seeing this in the logs? Limiters are set to 8800, I've been running over 8400 RPM for a while but out of nowhere now the throttle starts closing/not opening it seems at around 8200. Throttle seems fine, if I do a launch it will go to 100 but then start to close back down, not seeing anything out of order in the logs, all numbers look good.

throttle1.PNG
    throttle2.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    That is odd. I haven't installed the latest version yet. Have you tried going back to the previous version to test it? I have the 5.1.1499 install file if you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by truckmann View Post
    That is odd. I haven't installed the latest version yet. Have you tried going back to the previous version to test it? I have the 5.1.1499 install file if you need it.

Would you be able to upload it somewhere? It's too big for email.

I just tried latest 5.1.1519 and no change still seeing throttle close down to 60% at WOT

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by racemonkey View Post
    Would you be able to upload it somewhere? It's too big for email.

I just tried latest 5.1.1519 and no change still seeing throttle close down to 60% at WOT
    See if you can get it from my OneDrive here. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjOBKbLrXz8zvWz6...AvM6p?e=jmHdJX

Thanks got it!

No luck, still same weird behavior around 8100 rpm.

Advanced Tuner
    Darn. I might have another older software version on my laptop at home. I was going to check last night but I forgot.

I'm wondering if the TB is going bad though.

Advanced Tuner
    Here's the version that's on my laptop. This the last one I have actually used with my 2019 RXP-X and it was working fine.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjOBKbLrXz8zvXDV...3sbsI?e=CnFNPD

Thanks, won't be until next week before I can test this. This is very strange.

Nothing has changed in the software that would explain this. Post log and tune, and I'll take a look
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Nothing has changed in the software that would explain this. Post log and tune, and I'll take a look
    Can I email you?

Can I email you?
    yea eric@hp******.com
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Any update I think I may be experiencing the same thing. No log but rev limit is set to 8800 it gets to about 8700 and the RPMs are up and down 8500-8700. A few flashes prior with unrelated changes it wasnt doing that.

I did install a QSC Rev X primary. Used to it would hold the rev limit RPM. Now it never gets there.

Well this is weird, out of nowhere my throttle has stopped opening fully it seems once the motor goes above 8100 RPM. Have not seen this till a day ago, it almost seems like it started after updating software to 5.1.1513

Is anyone else seeing this in the logs? Limiters are set to 8800, I've been running over 8400 RPM for a while but out of nowhere now the throttle starts closing/not opening it seems at around 8200. Throttle seems fine, if I do a launch it will go to 100 but then start to close back down, not seeing anything out of order in the logs, all numbers look good.

throttle1.PNG
    throttle2.PNG
    reset throttle body with buds 2 make sure you intercooler is not leaking