Thread: 2017 F250 6.7 Tuning HELP!!!!

Tuner in Training

Exclamation 2017 F250 6.7 Tuning HELP!!!!

I have recently bought this truck and the turbo went out in it.... I have just installed a KC Turbo Stage 1, upgraded both intercooler pipes and installed a No Limit cold air intake. This trucked had been tuned with Bully Dog BDX because of the DEF and EGR delete. I'm sure this truck needs some modifications because of the bigger turbo and cold air intake.... Can anyone help me out and look at this tune and lead me in the right direction? Need to get this thing back on the road but want to make sure everything is ok... 2017 F250 6.7 (My Work Truck).hpt

I can help. What kind of tune are you looking for? In terms of power and using it for towing? Also what HP tune was the BDX tune?

Banned
    did the bdx have a deleted tune??

Tuner in Training
    That tune is on ewalts respitory. So did you make the tune or is it someones your trying to adapt? Start with a base line stock and add xdf. If you are trying to get more power build from there.
    1999 chevy suburban 7.4l on 40's
    2006 chevy 2500hd duramax
    2004 chevy trailblazer wife's wheeler
    1999 ford f250 7.3l super duty
    2008 ford f350 6.4l super duty
    1994 chevy s10 4.3 vortech heads w/ tbi intake stock plan to bag one day
    2010 bmw 535xi wife's DD

That tune looks like someone's kid got ahold of the keyboard, especially on the trans side holy macaroni! Here is a stock file for comparison. 2017 Stock File.hpt

😂😂 coincidence I let my 13 year old son play with HPtuners for my 6.0 excursion because he is the one who says oh yeah I can do this better or that better?

I wish I would have kept the file.. hpop was at 100000mpa

Fans were kicking on at 1 degree F

Tuner in Training

Need help

Quote Originally Posted by Toad0407 View Post
    I can help. What kind of tune are you looking for? In terms of power and using it for towing? Also what HP tune was the BDX tune?
    Sorry, I haven?t been able to get back to you. Had a lot of family issues going on. So I found out the guy that put this thing together set my bully dog BDX tuner to the race tune? None of the other Tunes run good, it makes it miss very bad.. I want as much power as I can get, but also be able to pull a trailer if I need to. I very rarely do any towing, but if I need to grab ahold of my boat or my skid steer. I want it to be safe. I have HP tuners for my Tahoe so I can buy all the credits needed for the F250 if need be but the tune showed is what it read when I hooked it up to it my HP tuner? I don?t know much about tuning these diesels, especially with the upgraded turbo so any help would be great thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by miket37060 View Post
    Sorry, I haven?t been able to get back to you. Had a lot of family issues going on. So I found out the guy that put this thing together set my bully dog BDX tuner to the race tune? None of the other Tunes run good, it makes it miss very bad.. I want as much power as I can get, but also be able to pull a trailer if I need to. I very rarely do any towing, but if I need to grab ahold of my boat or my skid steer. I want it to be safe. I have HP tuners for my Tahoe so I can buy all the credits needed for the F250 if need be but the tune showed is what it read when I hooked it up to it my HP tuner? I don?t know much about tuning these diesels, especially with the upgraded turbo so any help would be great thank you.
    What tune have you been running? Honestly, I hope you haven't been running the tune that you sent. The tune writer probably had a case of bud lights before writing that tune, the trans side is total wack...especially if you look at the line pressures. Honestly like JW said, I'd recommend starting out with stock tables and go from there. Adjust one thing at a time. Also if your No Limit intake is 5" then you'll need to rescale the MAF accordingly.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad0407 View Post
    What tune have you been running? Honestly, I hope you haven't been running the tune that you sent. The tune writer probably had a case of bud lights before writing that tune, the trans side is total wack...especially if you look at the line pressures. Honestly like JW said, I'd recommend starting out with stock tables and go from there. Adjust one thing at a time. Also if your No Limit intake is 5" then you'll need to rescale the MAF accordingly.

Yes, that is the tune that?s on it now. It hasn?t been driven very much and I can definitely tell the trans is weird. That?s why I was needing help because I can?t find any Diesel programmers near me and like I said I don?t have experience On adjusting these Diesels

Tuner in Training
    ok I have tuned the trans back to stock and it feels great!!! how do I rescale the maf for the No Limit Intake... It is a 5" pipe. Also is their anything I need to change on the turbo side?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by miket37060 View Post
    ok I have tuned the trans back to stock and it feels great!!! how do I rescale the maf for the No Limit Intake... It is a 5" pipe. Also is their anything I need to change on the turbo side?
    MAF airflow vs. period. highlight table and multiply by increase in flow % over stock. For example, 5% = multiply by 1.05.