Thread: Gen 3 Coyote Ford Control Pack Support/Compatibility

Potential Tuner

Gen 3 Coyote Ford Control Pack Support/Compatibility

How is the support and capabilities for tuning the Gen 3 Coyote Ford Performance Control pack (manual trans)?

I've read the sticky at the top of this page about ford control packs and it sounds like this should be hassle free. However, I'd appreciate hearing from those with experience if that situation is true for a Gen 3 Control pack.

I'd also like to know which HP Tuner device is ideally recommended for tuning the Gen 3 control pack and if there is a specific vendor to partner with on the device purchase.

Some background on my question: I'm a long term SCT PRP tuner who intended to use an X4 given the 20yrs experience tuning my SN95's over the years. However, the X4 is having a programming/communication issue (it reads DTC's and data logs fine, just can't program it) that SCT cannot figure it out over the last 5 days and multiple hours on the phone. Given my experience and the slow response times it's becoming evident to me that I need to move to something else.

It is hassle free, even has extra parameters.

Veeefour, make some room in your inbox, can’t send you a PM

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    It is hassle free, even has extra parameters.
    This is good to hear. I've heard good things with Gen 3 Coyote Swap people using the RTD+ and Lund for tuning, but was looking to do it myself for the basic modifications like I would with SCT. Hopefully there are others using the MPIV3 for this.

Tuner in Training
    When I repoll for parameters I get less than 10 channels. I changed my control pack OS and get more. Once I start logging the car some of the numbers are a lot higher than what they should be and some parameters dont work at all. mass airflow vs period doesnt populate the histogram. Just the first position.

any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad03snake View Post
    When I repoll for parameters I get less than 10 channels. I changed my control pack OS and get more. Once I start logging the car some of the numbers are a lot higher than what they should be and some parameters dont work at all. mass airflow vs period doesnt populate the histogram. Just the first position.

any ideas?
    This is the case for HPT support.

Tuner in Training
    I figured out the issue. The OS was scrambled. I went back and found the original control pack OS FRPPB and now everything logs as it should. I guess this is something tuners do to piss you off???