Thread: Ac request type

Tuner in Training

Ac request type

Does anybody actually know what each type does, not a guess direct facts of what each does and looks for, obviously I know the difference in analog and serial, being the request is via serial data line or a direct 12v signal. But is analog cycling is getting cycling signal via the data line as well as the request and same for analog cycling is getting the high pressure switch via analog? And where does the pressure transducer play into each of those. And then just curious on the passive one. Obviously not fitted is not fitted.

Recirculation Fitted: Fan #2
    Type Fitted: Analog

fan2, analog - compressor controls.png fan2, analog - cooling fans.png

Recirculation Fitted: Fan #2
    Type Fitted: Serial Cycling

fan2, serial cycling - compressor controls.png fan2, serial cycling - cooling fans.png

Recirculation Fitted: AC Recirc
    Type Fitted: Analog Cycling

AC recirc, analog cycling - compressor controls.png AC recirc, analog cycling - HVAC recirc.png

Tuner in Training
    Does it still use and utilize the pressure transducer in analog cycling?

Analog Cycling is simple switches only, no sensors (edit: and, a non-variable displacement compressor). As shown in the diagram. High side cutout, and low side cycling. With pressures equalized (compressor off and system full) both switches are normally closed. Either switch opening disables the compressor.

Diagrams in order are taken from '99 Camaro, '04 CTS-V, '99 Silverado.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry what I meant to ask was if set to analog and you have both a low switch and a pressure transducer will it recognize the low switch?
    Last edited by Skylerm09; 08-03-2023 at 09:56 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Also I believe that analog diagram is either from a super early non v Cadillac/North Star or duramax considering it?s blue/clear

2004 Cadillac CTS 5.7L. The non-V was 3.6L V6 and if it was a Northstar it wasn't a CTS. Looked up straight from GM eSI.

My advice: if you want it to function like stock with the PCM controlling the A/C, then copy one of the factory switch/sensor arrangements and related tune settings. If you want to mix up your own unique batch of parts... don't. Or, build a switch setup that works old-school totally independent of the PCM.

Tuner in Training
    I build/ sell harness probably 100plus harness and just now having an issue with 2 guys that were done recently both pcm I tuned, I set the to analog cycling, one guys fans came on with ac the others didn?t the guy that had come on didn?t have high setting on the fans come on when it should have. iv found I need to switch it to analog, iv got that, I?m just wondering if it still gonna want the signal on 55 or if I need to start running that switch inline on the request.

2000 Camaro LS1:
    screenshot.03-08-2023 22.29.16.png

2002 Camaro LS1:
    screenshot.03-08-2023 22.29.44.png

Both are the same "Fan #2/Analog". I didn't realize you were looking for where to put which wire on a specific application, from your first post I figured all you'd need would be an example of what kind of wiring/components are used with each of the tune settings.