Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Wideband is right for YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by viper04af
    PLX, easy to hook up and works
    X2. I have been real happy with the PLX SM-AFR. (I also have the DM-100 gauge). Accuracy has been excellent, always averaging 14.7 in closed loop, and hookup was very easy to the MPVI. The narrowband hookup was a little trickier, but still not bad. I use it as a more permanent solution, not to move from car to car.

2000 Regal GS | Twin-Charged T72 | HPT Pro + PLX Wideband | 12.55 @ 110 on 15psi | Now running 20psi on E85!

1998 5.9L Durango | Powerdyne supercharger @6psi | Mesa Headers | Gibson Cat-back | 1.7 RR's | Tuned PCM | Ported Heads | Custom TB & Intake | Custom fuel rails | Rebuild coming soon...

Potential Tuner
    I have the standard vcm suite, is there any way of installing wideband sensors in place of the stock ones and adjusting the voltage parameters on my table to make them work?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheif
    I have the standard vcm suite, is there any way of installing wideband sensors in place of the stock ones and adjusting the voltage parameters on my table to make them work?
    I read about someone doing this, however you will loose a good bit of resolution since the stock sensors are 0-1v output.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    hi bill, maybe you can help me out choosing a way to go for wideband gauges, I am bouncing back and forth between running dual interceptors with with the LC-1 running to them, which would be great because it is also compatible with your software. The other option I was considering was the Autometer Cobalt series wideband, I haven't found if its compatible with your software but it does have an output for data logging. Would this gauge work for Hptuners? Which setup would you recommend?

I have an LM-1 that I will be installing on my SS, is there anyy instructions on where to hook up the output from the Wideband to the VCM pro box?
    And also, how do you log with the VCM pro?
    Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedmaster747
    I have an LM-1 that I will be installing on my SS, is there anyy instructions on where to hook up the output from the Wideband to the VCM pro box?
    And also, how do you log with the VCM pro?
    Thanks!
    In our help file www.hptuners.com/help under the scanner section

Quote Originally Posted by BeermanSS/SC
    has anyone used the Autometer Cobalt Series Wideband?
    I just got the 3378 from AutoMeter, I dont see it listed,, Great
    Mike
    2007 C6 coupe LS3 416 6 speed mn Z51 3LT
    Vararam Snake charmer 160 Stat
    Kooks 1 7/8 headers with jet hot
    Fast 102 ported intake 102 TB RPM Level 5 T56
    MGW short throw ZIP 4.10 Severe Duty rear
    RPS TWIN DISC CARBON CLUTCH CCWs ele wp
    RPM LEVEL 5 TRANS W/HARDENED OUTSHAFT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtOPy_lp2QY

10.66 1.47 60ft 133+mph

Tuner in Training
    So after a lot of debate and consideration, along with a few searches and such. I decided to go with a dual interceptor setup for gauges and an LC1 wideband running one output to one interceptor and one to hptuners mpvi hookup. I'll give a review when its all said and done.

Senior Tuner
    FYI:

Here is the cheapest place I have found for the replacement sensor for the following:

Bosch LSU Wideband O2 Sensor ( UEGO ) for AEM Wideband UEGO ( all types ) [ 30-2001 ]
    FAST Air/Fuel Meter [ 170408 ]
    Dynojet Wideband Commander [ 48292001 ]
    GM [ 12575657 ]
    Bigstuff3 BS3 [ JMI-003-001 ]

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...roducts_id/534

$64.99 as of today.

If you know of a cheaper place, please post up!
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I would love to but I heard the VW place I used to buy from raised their prices

I think I used to get them for ~$50 shipped

I'm using the AutoMeter C2 series. I believe it's identical to the cobalt with the exception of the face/design. Since widebands gauges do not receive internal lighting like other gauges they are really quite identical. I choose it primarily because I feel Autometer has a great rep when it comes to gauges, their support is excellent, and they have such a wide collection to choose from as far as styles go.

The gauge was easy to connect, I like that it contains 32 LEDs which makes the outside light readings smoother. So far I've been very happy with it, and was suprised to see a company like Autometer not listed earlier as a wideband choice.

Dang, It's been a long time since someone posted in this thread. I have the Autometer Cobalt and it says it's output if 0-4v. Will that still work? I got it because like a previous poster said, they have a good reputation and it fit in with my other gauges. I really would like to log it with my HPT though. Any help out there?
    Last edited by TooMch; 05-03-2010 at 12:31 PM.
    2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG, 2001 A4 3.42 Vert Vette

Quote Originally Posted by TooMch View Post
    Dang, It's been a long time since someone posted in this thread. I have the Autometer Cobalt and it says it's output if 0-4v. Will that still work? I go tit because like a previous poster said, they have a good reputation and it fit in with my other gauges. I really would like to log it with my HPT though. Any help out there?
    It works well. You just have tot ell HPT that it is 0-4v.

Potential Tuner
    I am ready to start tuning with wideband.

Is this all I need? http://www.maperformance.com/aem-gau...html?iorb=4764

Or can I just get the Oxygen Sensor?

Would I want to run the stock O2 sensors after I have tuned it or would I want to use 2 of these and keep them in the truck?

Am I correct in understanding that if you have the standard tuner there is not a good way to log with the HP Tuners?

Quote Originally Posted by bcar View Post
    Am I correct in understanding that if you have the standard tuner there is not a good way to log with the HP Tuners?
    The easiest way is to upgrade to the Pro Interface. But on some vehicles you can use the EGR or A/C pin of the ECM, if you don't use them.
    '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, 5.2L (Canada Import), 2" Lift
    (CAI, Modded Kegger, Ported TB, 3" Cat-Back, SCT Custom Tune)

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZG, 5.9 V8, Stock

'03 Skoda Fabia, 1.4L 16v

'98 Chevrolet Camaro V6, 3.8L, Targa, ZZP GT1 Cam, Dynomax Cat-Back [sold]

Quote Originally Posted by blazr77400 View Post
    Or can I just get the Oxygen Sensor?
    No, you need a controller.
    '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, 5.2L (Canada Import), 2" Lift
    (CAI, Modded Kegger, Ported TB, 3" Cat-Back, SCT Custom Tune)

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZG, 5.9 V8, Stock

'03 Skoda Fabia, 1.4L 16v

'98 Chevrolet Camaro V6, 3.8L, Targa, ZZP GT1 Cam, Dynomax Cat-Back [sold]

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZJ View Post
    The easiest way is to upgrade to the Pro Interface. But on some vehicles you can use the EGR or A/C pin of the ECM, if you don't use them.
    It is a 98 Vette. Know where I can find some more info on this? If I need to remove my EGR to do this I will.

I found it on tech, a little confused on the custom PIP right now but I am still reading

Wideband through EGR

Ok now I am getting a unable to parse log error when I open the scanner, and a unsupported parameter when I tried to log Any idea what I am doing wrong here? I am lost. I think I followed the directions I found but who knows