Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Which Wideband is right for YOU?

I just ordered one of the new NTK/NGK. New AFR readings in the 9.0-20.0 range and much faster response.

Just wanted to check and see if MTX-L was still working well for you guys?

That is the one I am thinking about getting ('05 Corvette, LS2, HP Tuners Pro interface). Seems to have good reviews and is cheaper than the NGK one

Advanced Tuner
    For those of you missing the old NGK setup: http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...oducts_id/2337

Hi All,

The new AEM wideband is out. Its still a bosch sensor, but its the LSU 4.9 and not the 4.2.

Part number is 30-4110 and they i sell them on daily basis. Seems to be accurate and trouble free with me and my customers so just wanted to share it with you guys.

Good luck!

[EDIT : Withdrawn]

I have only just noticed my question regarding the simulated Narrowband output actually has its own sticky.
    Still happy to hear of any success stories or disasters.
    Last edited by Quoll; 10-27-2014 at 02:54 AM.

wide band shopper

OK guys help me out, I want to make sure what I get is portable, dual channel, and will interface with the MPVI?
    The tuning school offers a WEGOIV dual channel, is this my best solution or are other options? Where else can I shop for tuning tools?

APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

4.9 sensor aem here

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry if this has been answered before but the information is fairly overwhelming.

I want the following features:
    2 outputs - 1 that can simulate narrowband and one 0-5V for hptuners.
    Either a 3rd output or a hand held gadget that will show me instantaneous AFR without requiring a laptop to be plugged in.
    Minimal or no free air calibrations required.

Narrowband simualtion is for trialing my own lean cruise implementation as I will be keeping the stock O2 sensor as well for comparison and if I have problems.

It seems the innovate LC-2 will do all of these things however it requires regular calibrations and I seem to find more andecotal reports of failure or issues than I do with the AEM, these are of course dependent on the forum I'm reading so I've taken them with a grain of salt.

So it seems to come down to the AEM with the 4.9 sensor or the LC-2. What is going to have the better controller for outputting narrowband simulation with filtering (if required) and also come with an AFR gauge (hand held or a 3rd output to use with a cheap gauge).

If you're Australian go with TechEdge : http://wbo2.com/
    I have a 2C0B and I've had no issues yet - although I haven't used or validated the Simulated Narrowband that it has. These outputs a reconfigurable so you can scale the 'granularity' to your requirements and talk directly in Lambda easily. You can also spew numbers onto your PC with serial input if you're too tight-arse for a display (that's what I did)
    Eek - price may have gone up since I last looked.

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone got a good answer why the AEM doesn't need to be calibrated? Also from someone who has installed both why is the AEM easier to install?

Advanced Tuner
    HOW ABOUT THIS , AN IS THERE AN INPUT FOR IT http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...cat=273&page=2

THANKS
    JIM

If you enjoy changing sensors and having errors constantly, have at it

If you want something that just works get a PLX 4.9 or one of the new AEM models.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    If you enjoy changing sensors and having errors constantly, have at it

If you want something that just works get a PLX 4.9 or one of the new AEM models.
    Doesn't the innovate use exactly the same Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor as the PLX and AEM?

The controller can kill them no matter what sensor you're using. Or they can last for years and years like they do in OEM applications.

But, you are right that I was using Innovate back when they used 4.2 sensors. It's possible they are more reliable now that they've gone to 4.9 sensors, but I still wouldn't bother taking the chance
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    It isn't that hard to implement the heating cycles as per the datasheet, if that was a problem they would fail very quickly or not work at all. I'm sceptical that they are any less reliable.

You can believe whatever you want. Fact is, many of us had E8 error issues with Innovate widebands. It may no longer be an issue, but it still left me bitter after spending more on sensors than my PLX setup cost which went a year straight with no issues at all

Whether the errors were from heating issues or not I have no idea

Advanced Tuner
    It isn't that hard to implement the heating cycles as per the datasheet, if that was a problem they would fail very quickly or not work at all. I'm sceptical that they are any less reliable.
    Doing the warm-up procedure in the datasheet is not difficult. But, maintaining proper constant sensor temperature with wildly varying EGT and exhaust gas flow is a bit of a trick. Some controllers do it better than others. If the sensor temperature is allowed to change too much / too fast, the thermal stresses can cause the ceramic element to crack. Like throwing cold water on hot glass.

Advanced Tuner
    For what it's worth, I have one of those MTX's with the 4.9 sensor etc., have had for many months now, and nothing has broken yet... it seems to me it's pretty fast as well, according to my limited understanding. I have frequently e.g. started the car when the device is already up (i.e. could get thermal shock) but so far it's been ok... mind you, ambient temp here isn't exactly low either

kr D.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Banned
    So is this wideband/setup right for ME?
    - 2001 LS1 engine (have)
    - 2016 laptop (have)
    - AEM 30-4110 without the 02 sensor http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AEM-Digit...IAAOSwmmxW6yVN (don't have) (50/50 on that and with Gen4 PLX)
    - Bosch 17123 4.9 LSU wideband 02 sensor (short lead version of Bosch 17025) (have)
    - VCM Suite STANDARD (like am I the only one with Standard instead of Pro?) (waiting to be delivered)

Would I be able to fully tune my car/LS1 using those parts above? Help please. I wanna buy a wideband controller asap. (AEM 30-4110 or Gen4 PLX)