Thread: Another successful 0411 swap in a 99 Tahoe 5.7L - and a newbie to the forum

Tuner in Training

Question Another successful 0411 swap in a 99 Tahoe 5.7L - and a newbie to the forum

Hello all, new to the forum.
    Have a 99 Tahoe that I finally pulled the trigger and did the 0411 swap on.
    What a history this PCM has!!!!
    And another THANKS to Jeff (Lextech) and that ole spreadsheet
    Man, the miles he and that document have had!!!

Been enjoying using the HPtuners suite to see the old black box PCM tune, and the new tune from the 0411 PCM
    LOVE the scanning capabilities
    This swap has been a perfect place for me to "start" learning the HP tools!!!!

Have a quick question:
    Now that I have swapped the PCM, is there any way to connect to the other modules in the vehicle?
    In particular the ABS module?

I used to be able to connect to it with my Autel MS906, but now it won't see either the ABS, or the airbag modules

Regards
    Joe
    Last edited by TahoeJoe; 08-01-2023 at 06:24 AM.

Tuner
    In my 94 TransAm, I have 2 ALDL ports. When I did my 0411 swap, I bought a new harness for the engine that came with it's own ALDL port and the original I left in the car tucked under the dash. Now to scan the PCM I use the new ALDL port and to scan ABS and airbag I scan the original port. Don't know the details of your swap but maybe you too have a 2nd port hiding in the dash somewhere.
    1994 Trans Am: LS3 Crate Swap - Cam Motion 216/226-116+3 - 0411 PCM with Lingenfelter 58x > 24x Converter - 4L60E to RPM T56 - Strange 12 Bolt - UMI Suspension - TSP 1 7/8" Headers - GMMG Exhaust

Tuner in Training
    AdosYo, good idea, but no, I only have one OBD2 port.
    But I figured it out - thank you Jeff - Lextech

With the Autel MS906 I was using autoscan on the vin#, it thinks it the 2002 Express van (new 0411 PCM). Great for scanning PCM needs (engine and trans).
    When I need to see the ABS, or Airbag modules, I need to manually tell the Autel it is a 99 tahoe.
    Then I can see the other modules just fine