Thread: Newbie seeking recommendations.

Potential Tuner

Newbie seeking recommendations.

Good day all,

I own a 2023 camaro v6(10 speed). With just a cat back exhaust & a aftermarket filter(stock air box) I was intrigued with Trifecta's advantage + tune setup. I never tried it just read reviews an watched a few videos. The thing that worries me is the hard shifts the transmission takes. I like the idea of better acceleration but do the 1-2. 2-3 shift have to be that hard/dramatic? I get it, in order achieve this, you want to get to the power band as quick as possible but from the videos I seen, it seems like it can take a toll on the transmission. I have always understood hard shifts can do more bad than good in the long run.

I'm not looking for high numbers at all, just an improvement of the shift points without putting stress on the trans, and the afm disabled, that's it. I'm open to using HP heard nothing but positive feedback from thwm

Thanks all!
    Last edited by NiickySaz; 07-28-2023 at 07:04 AM.

HP Tuners currently only supports V6 Camaros up through MY 2021. I also have a 2023 (manual trans though), and I have a ticket in for the HPt engineers to add support for us. Although our ECM has the same GM p/n as the earlier years, there apparently is some difference in programming/encoding/whatever that is currently preventing me from reading my stock tune.

I'll post a new thread in this subforum if/when the issue is fixed. In the meantime, there's no point in you purchasing HP Tuners, and Trifecta presumably wouldn't be able to help you either.

FYI - the latest beta version now supports the 2023 V6 Camaro (confirmed with my manual trans car).