Thread: 05PCM to 07PCM need help/suggestions

Potential Tuner

05PCM to 07PCM need help/suggestions

Hello all, I have upgraded my pcm from a 2005 to a 2007 (NGC3 to NGC4). The engine runs, but it idles rough and is down on power throughout the whole RPM range. Eventually the throttle pedal stops working until I turn the vehicle off and back on again. It throws no codes. When I put the 2005 pcm back in, it runs great. I have tried to compare and make everything I can exactly the same in the 2007 as it is in the 2005, but then it runs slightly worse. I am not sure what to try and am frustrated at this point. Any suggestions on what I should look at or a way to troubleshoot this would be seriously appreciated.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian30 View Post
    Hello all, I have upgraded my pcm from a 2005 to a 2007 (NGC3 to NGC4). The engine runs, but it idles rough and is down on power throughout the whole RPM range. Eventually the throttle pedal stops working until I turn the vehicle off and back on again. It throws no codes. When I put the 2005 pcm back in, it runs great. I have tried to compare and make everything I can exactly the same in the 2007 as it is in the 2005, but then it runs slightly worse. I am not sure what to try and am frustrated at this point. Any suggestions on what I should look at or a way to troubleshoot this would be seriously appreciated.
    What are we working on here?

Potential Tuner
    It is a retrofit into a 71 D100 truck. So the motor, harness, and 545rfe trans are from a 2005 ram. I am trying to upgrade to the later PCM to gain control of shiftpoints and pressures in the transmission. I have been trying to make the 2007 work, but it runs terrible as stated in the first post. I am wondering if it is looking for more things to communicate to it on the CAN BUS and maybe I removed a wire. I did the harness 12 years ago so its a little hard to remember what I did exactly but it does run great with the 2005 computer. I am out of ideas except for maybe combing over schematics from a 2007 to see if anything is different from the 2005. I am a little short on time right now and so I was hoping someone with more experience would have a better idea of where to start.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian30 View Post
    It is a retrofit into a 71 D100 truck. So the motor, harness, and 545rfe trans are from a 2005 ram. I am trying to upgrade to the later PCM to gain control of shiftpoints and pressures in the transmission. I have been trying to make the 2007 work, but it runs terrible as stated in the first post. I am wondering if it is looking for more things to communicate to it on the CAN BUS and maybe I removed a wire. I did the harness 12 years ago so its a little hard to remember what I did exactly but it does run great with the 2005 computer. I am out of ideas except for maybe combing over schematics from a 2007 to see if anything is different from the 2005. I am a little short on time right now and so I was hoping someone with more experience would have a better idea of where to start.

I got ya can you post the tune up on here? i?ll take a look at it

Potential Tuner
    These are the tunes that are in the 2005 pcm which runs great, and the 2007 PCM which runs terrible and eventually the Throttle pedal goes dead until a restart. I have tried changing quite a few things in the 2007 tune (It is the one I applied credits to and am allowed to upload) but all attempts have been unsucessful at fixing the pedal issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files