Thread: Can someone point me in the right direction

Tuner

Can someone point me in the right direction

Ok so i have my dads car pretty much wrapped up for what i had to do on it but I need some direction in the trans tune and a part of the engine side. I installed Restomod air in it and its works like a champ. I also installed a Detroit speed firewall in it and now its off to get the interior done,if you guys wanna see its on my IG RYANLEEMENDOZA

So the issues : First off it runs really well except sometimes it stalls with the AC on when i tap the throttle like it cant catch itself fast enough to idle. Case in point , i was coming up on an incline and slowed to a speed bump so i touched the throttle a little and it stalled. Second is the trans my issue is it shifts early on normal cruise and wot. Second is the TCC comes on way to early , i was playing around with the solenoid in the scanner and found around 60 is where i want it to apply . I think if we can fix those it would drive much better. Ive been trying to reach out to the tuner but he doesn't respond and its just to hard to try and get a hold of this guy , sucks but I'm not gonna wait for him any longer.

Thank you guys in advance !!
    Attached Files Attached Files

So I fixed your lock up settings for you to apply at 60 mph by going to transmission, torque converter, apply release, and then changed the normal, cruise and performance which I don't know if you have a performance mode or not. In order to fix your wot stuff you'll have to log current gear so I can see what gear your in when it shifts. And I don't know why your acceleration percentage goes to 153%, someone else will have to help you with that.

Camaro current tune 7-16-23 - 1.hpt

And to fix your stalling you might want to increase your base running airflow a little bit.
    L99 A6 - DSS FX Forged Piston's, Eagle ESP L19 Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, LS9 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnion Upgrade, TSP Chrome Molly Pushrods, BTR .660 Valve Springs, GM Hollow Intake Valves, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, IR EGM-205 Oil Pan Baffle, CAI Intake, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, ZL1 Pump, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter

His base running airflow is already pretty high, it must not be a stock engine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
    So I fixed your lock up settings for you to apply at 60 mph by going to transmission, torque converter, apply release, and then changed the normal, cruise and performance which I don't know if you have a performance mode or not. In order to fix your wot stuff you'll have to log current gear so I can see what gear your in when it shifts. And I don't know why your acceleration percentage goes to 153%, someone else will have to help you with that.

And to fix your stalling you might want to increase your base running airflow a little bit.
    Awesome ill try that hmm the 153% is weird ill look into that Thank you though for the help ..

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    His base running airflow is already pretty high, it must not be a stock engine.
    Im sorry yeah its not stock 5.3 706 heads milled.30 598 598 112 232/234 comp cam ls1 intake headers made 330 wheel nothing to crazy

The throttle % thing is when you mix an adjustable-pedal PCM with non-adjustable pedal. There's some difference way down in the OS between them, it's not something that can be changed in the editor. I've compared known-stock files from both types and the editor shows no difference. Both types use the same TAC module, and the TAC on these isn't a programmable module so it can't be anything in there, has to be in the PCM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    The throttle % thing is when you mix an adjustable-pedal PCM with non-adjustable pedal. There's some difference way down in the OS between them, it's not something that can be changed in the editor. I've compared known-stock files from both types and the editor shows no difference. Both types use the same TAC module, and the TAC on these isn't a programmable module so it can't be anything in there, has to be in the PCM.
    Is this something i should be concerned about ?

If WOT at only half pedal isn't bothering you, then no. That's the usual complaint, throttle way too sensitive. It's always on swaps where a different pedal type is used from what the donor truck originally used.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    If WOT at only half pedal isn't bothering you, then no. That's the usual complaint, throttle way too sensitive. It's always on swaps where a different pedal type is used from what the donor truck originally used.
    That’s interesting because I bought the pedal and the tac module together

It's something in the PCM, when you put a non-adjustable pedal together with an adjustable-pedals PCM. Nobody uses adjustable pedals in swaps, they don't fit much of anything except the truck they were made for.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post

I tried this for the trans and it didn't do anything but make it do weird stuff while driving

Senior Tuner
    Try this.

A log would be helpful. Just going off what you mentioned and a few other things.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 07-29-2023 at 02:41 AM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Try this.

A log would be helpful. Just going off what you mentioned and a few other things.
    ill try this and report back !! Thank you

Tune shows you have 29" tires and 3:55 gears... Is that information correct? If not-fix that FIRST before attempting any more trans tuning. Your shifting is going to be thrown off if the tire size/gear ratio are not correct.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HATEHPTUNERS View Post
    Tune shows you have 29" tires and 3:55 gears... Is that information correct? If not-fix that FIRST before attempting any more trans tuning. Your shifting is going to be thrown off if the tire size/gear ratio are not correct.
    has more like 26" tires and 3.73 gear