Thread: rich coming to a stop or high rpm deceleration

Potential Tuner

rich coming to a stop or high rpm deceleration

can't seem to trace down why this keeps happening. STFT pulling 10%+ fuel out on decel under 1300 rpm coming to a stop reading lower than 0.90lambda and goes even richer and hard decel to the point i have to throw it into a higher gear to keep from dumping smoke out on decel. any advice is greatly appreciated. I've tried everything i could think of and haven't gotten any straight answers. sidenote im aware my MAF is slightly off I'm currently working on that due to a corrupted file, but it was an ongoing issue even when we had it dialed in
    MAF CL.hpl
    restartmaf only CL TIMING injector data stp 3.hpt
    Last edited by XMB; 07-22-2023 at 07:04 PM. Reason: 2010 camaro ss A6. 420ci stroker, 3200stall, FBO

Is DFCO on or off? If on have you checked the DFCO settings?

Quote Originally Posted by XMB View Post
    can't seem to trace down why this keeps happening. STFT pulling 10%+ fuel out on decel under 1300 rpm coming to a stop reading lower than 0.90lambda and goes even richer and hard decel to the point i have to throw it into a higher gear to keep from dumping smoke out on decel. any advice is greatly appreciated. I've tried everything i could think of and haven't gotten any straight answers. sidenote im aware my MAF is slightly off I'm currently working on that due to a corrupted file, but it was an ongoing issue even when we had it dialed in
    MAF CL.hpl
    If DFCO is enabled...
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...734#post691734

So where do we start.
    1. You have displacement at 7 liter but the stock is 6.2
    2. You have the idle at 800 unless you have a high stall it will be pushing.
    3. Your min vs VSS is 900 rpm.
    4. Idle airflow is double stock.
    5. Agree your MAF is off
    6. Your dynamic Airflow. Yikes.
    7. Manifold volume. Why did you change it?
    8. RPM limit 8,000? Hmm. Hope you got some aluminum rods and garage door spring valve springs.
    9. Nothing even close to stock in your DFCO.
    10. Yeah and a hundred other things. Sure you don't want to just start from scratch?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ttz06vette View Post
    Is DFCO on or off? If on have you checked the DFCO settings?
    DFCO is off

Potential Tuner
    themechanic yeah i see that i misses a few things after transferring data from old file to new and for the most part the car runs like a top just dont like seeing really rich lambda on decel over 3300 and below 1300 coming back to idle everthing you have mentioned has been fixed and or left the same. the car has a high ram that's why the manifold volume isn't stock is a fully forged 4 inch stroke crank rods and pistons with a summit stage 4 camshaft. engine is far from stock and as for as the dynamic rpm disable i accidently saved the SD tune under maf only which was probably part of my problem.

.restartmaf only CL TIMING injector data stp 3.hpt

MAF CL.hpl
    a real disaster with all due respect, go to the repository and look for an original file is my best advice, you're going to get into a very crazy swamp

DFCO is off
    start by turning on the DFCO, unless your car is so STOCK that you have to enrich it so it doesn't get hot, what a stupid thing, just activate that