Thread: 2011 truck transmission swap issue

Banned

2011 truck transmission swap issue

I have swapped 8HP70 Jaguar transmission to 2011 Yukon truck. I had to switch trans type to manual so that car would turn on starter relay. Now my issue is that cruise control dos not engage because of clutch switch, is there any solution to by pass this problem, any pin on PCM or BCM to ground or power ?

best regards

Let me see if I can get this right. You took a 2011 GMC Sierra with a 6L80-90 transmission in a stock truck and replaced it with an 8 speed transmission out of a Jag? Now you want the cruise control to work? If all of that is correct you would need to change the vehicle over to a manual transmission OS. Only issue there is you may end up with a Christmas tree on the dash, incompatibility with the ABS, and BCM. If it is a 4X4 you may have to change the transfer case also. Not sure if I know of any manual trans Sierra's so you may have to convert to a Corvette or Camaro and do some heavy tuning mods.

Banned
    Yes, actually it is Yukon RWD, i did already switched in Trans->General->ECM Trans Type: Manual. All other things you mentioned are already working right, no christmas tree etc., even shifter lever TUTD buttons to change gears, my only issue is to how to tell PCM that clusch is not depressed so that crusie will engage.

best regards