Thread: Will not rev above appx 1600 P59

Tuner in Training

Will not rev above appx 1600 P59

Hello, I have searched to no avail. Any help is appreciated.

It idles ok but when pushing the throttle it will get to right about 1600 rpm and it seems to hit a fuel cut or something. If you give it the gas it will go a little above, but still same thing. Doesn't matter if you ease it up to 1600 or get there quick, it cuts out untill RPM drops. It doesn't set any codes that I wouldn't expect.... I have no idea what is going on or what to look for.
    I have tried messing with VE and timing in this area and it doesn't seem to change either....

84 Camaro (drag car) TH400
    P59 ECU, 2004 6.0 LQ4, big cam, high rise manifold, etc
    Converted to drive by cable (hopefully correctly- IAC works, TPS works, I am wondering if this is my problem somehow)
    RTT OS
    Disabled trans control/vats/etc
    MAF disabled
    Closed loop disabled

Log and tune attached. I know the tune is way off in many areas but trying to get some bugs worked out.

Tune 12.hpt
    Log with cutout.hpl
    Last edited by joefus25; 07-19-2023 at 06:46 PM.

Easy, you didn't turn off the abuse mode on the engine side.

Raise it to 7,000rpm and 0 mph. Plus turn off brake torque mngt in the systems tab.

And just so you know, you better get bigger injectors. You can't tune without them, the stock 25lb/hr will not handle a big cam 6.0.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 07-19-2023 at 07:00 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you!!! I greatly appreciate it, glad it was simple!

Yes, I know the injectors are too small, I just need it to be able to pull in and out of the shop right now....