Thread: P0122, P0223, P0113. Car won't idle

Potential Tuner

P0122, P0223, P0113. Car won't idle

Hi guys. I'm having an issue where my car will not idle and has codes P0122, P0223, P0113. My tuner has spent hours on this thing and he can only get it to idle by bumping the base idle airflow WAY up. He says something is seriously wrong and won't continue with it until I've figured it out. We've swapped MAFs, PCMs, throttle bodies, gas pedals. I've traced all the wires on this harness and compared it to the GM wiring diagrams and everything seems to line up. My next move is I'm going to get a wiring specialties harness and hope the problem doesn't follow, unless someone has any ideas.

Stats:
    350z Chasis
    L92 VVT delete
    Street cam from Comp cams
    LOJ wiring harness using 350z gas pedal
    GM stock 42# injectors
    Ls3 intake manifold and throttle body
    short ram intake with 09 corvette MAF

Tune w MAF scaling 7.7.23.hpt350z Log 2 Normal idle.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't have manuals/diagrams for that year (ECM OS is 2013 Corvette, for anybody else who may be wondering) so I'm not going to try to give pin locations since I'm going off the 2009 version. But. Do you have the +5v ref at the throttle body connector? If not, do you have +5v at whatever ECM pin that line comes from?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I don't have manuals/diagrams for that year (ECM OS is 2013 Corvette, for anybody else who may be wondering) so I'm not going to try to give pin locations since I'm going off the 2009 version. But. Do you have the +5v ref at the throttle body connector? If not, do you have +5v at whatever ECM pin that line comes from?
    Yes, I verified correct voltage and correct pinout for the MAF and throttle body and pedal. I'm using the diagrams off identifix.com

You are using a 2009+ Corvette throttle body (gold blade), a 2013 Corvette calibration in the E38 ECM, and a Nissan APP (accelerator pedal).

I wonder what the root cause could be ?

Yet another mismatch of parts that is causing issues.

Installing a Corvette APP would eliminate the parts mismatch.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    You are using a 2009+ Corvette throttle body (gold blade), a 2013 Corvette calibration in the E38 ECM, and a Nissan APP (accelerator pedal).

I wonder what the root cause could be ?

Yet another mismatch of parts that is causing issues.

Installing a Corvette APP would eliminate the parts mismatch.

Yes, I bought a corvette pedal and swapped it in just to eliminate a factor. Same issue though.

Would a bad ground cause this? I'm just taking guesses at this point.

Are you still getting the P0122 and P0223 DTCs with the Corvette APP ?

If so, then confirm that the APP connector is pinned for a Corvette (Trucks are different).

In any computer controlled vehicle all ground connections are extremely important.

If you suspect that you may have a ground issue, then this should be addressed before any further diagnostics - or you may end up needlessly going in circles.