Thread: Anyone familiar with the NGK AFX??

Senior Tuner

Question Anyone familiar with the NGK AFX??

I've been told that the wire that I want to tap into is the brown wire from the EGR. As far as I know, this is correct.
    What I need to know is which wire coming from the WB do I run to the EGR?? The five wires are as follows from the WB:

Yellow, Red, Black
    Grey and white.

Then the wires go through a connector and the colours don't match up on the other side????

Yellow becomes Blue
    Red becomes White
    Black becomes Pink
    Grey becomes Orange
    White becomes Black

The end of the harness that plugs into the control box has two labeled wires that say "ANALOG OUT-DO NOT APPLY VOLTAGE" They are Yellow and brown.

Hopefully one of you can tell me which wire is responsible for the 0-5v output,

As always, thanks for looking guys!!

Paul

Senior Tuner
    Guys, the wire is the "yellow" one, and position #3 in the connector that goes into the controller. It's the one above that said "ANALOG OUT-DO NOT APPLY VOLTAGE"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MMGT1
    Guys, the wire is the "yellow" one, and position #3 in the connector that goes into the controller. It's the one above that said "ANALOG OUT-DO NOT APPLY VOLTAGE"

I'm going to install mines this weekend. So just to clarify, the yellow one labled "Analog Out- Do not apply voltage" goes to the brown wire (EGR) of the PCM?

Where did you mount the controller? Where did you connect the negetive and positive connections?
    Last edited by exit; 10-16-2007 at 07:53 PM.

Tuning in progress...

Tuner
    So Paul,
    Tell me how it went?
    Did you get it working correctly?
    Did you splice into the wire harness because isn't it you that doesn't have a EGR? (I don't either).
    I have an EGR simulator, bummer I didn't understand my HPTuners becuase I had it back then.
    Anyway, I'm reading thru stuff and fguring some stuff out but it looks like you've done this most recently and might remember some insights.
    Thanks for posting BTW because your posts have come up in my searches.

Later,
    Best 60' = 1.716
    Best ET = 12.186
    Best MPH = 112.98

Senior Tuner
    Yes, the yellow wire has the output from the controller to your EGR (signal, not the 5v referrence), it is 0v-5v. The brown wire is the ground for the yellow wire.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    Yes, the yellow wire has the output from the controller to your EGR (signal, not the 5v referrence), it is 0v-5v. The brown wire is the ground for the yellow wire.
    So now you just confused me just slightly.
    The yellow wire goes to the EGR? So the yellow wire doesn't go into the MVPI?

I sure wish someone has a good write up on this.
    I'm going to be spending the next few nights reading thru these posts looking for the information until I get it sorted out.
    Then we need someone, maybe myself, to put together a good write up.

I think one of the things that happens is after a while everyone gets to talking in some form of geek and the instructions become more difficult to understand because after a while everyone is using all the HPT lingo and acronyms etc.

I thought i was suposed to attach the yellow wire to the MVPI.

I'm corn-fused..
    Best 60' = 1.716
    Best ET = 12.186
    Best MPH = 112.98

Senior Tuner
    If you have the MPVI Pro (USB) or Enhanced I/O (serial) version, then the yellow wire will go to slot one of the side of the "dongle", while the brown wire will go to the 5th position (as explained in the help section of HPTuners). If you have the Standard MPVI (USB) or Serial version, and want to log your wideband through the scanner, you can use the EGR harness as a connection point for logging your wideband. Did I clear it up?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    If you have the MPVI Pro (USB) or Enhanced I/O (serial) version, then the yellow wire will go to slot one of the side of the "dongle", while the brown wire will go to the 5th position (as explained in the help section of HPTuners). If you have the Standard MPVI (USB) or Serial version, and want to log your wideband through the scanner, you can use the EGR harness as a connection point for logging your wideband. Did I clear it up?
    Well... yes.
    I have the MVPI Pro so I'll see if i can find that in the help section, but you said yellow in pin #1 on the MVPI "dongle" as you say and my brown wire the ground can go into pin#5 or #6 because they are grounds.
    again, I'll verify that in the help section.

I was able to get the .cfg files opened from another post and understand that aspect of it.
    but again, I'll reference the help section.

Thanks for the clairity.
    Best 60' = 1.716
    Best ET = 12.186
    Best MPH = 112.98