Thread: 2001 ws6 6 speed, rebuilt ls1, 243 heads and comp 265 cam

Potential Tuner

2001 ws6 6 speed, rebuilt ls1, 243 heads and comp 265 cam

Hi,

New to tuning and scratching my head with this car. Rebuilt motor, 243 heads rebuilt with springs for the comp 265 cams. Car runs great at part throttle and cruise, but has no power at full throttle. Fuel pressure seems fine 58 at idle and drops slightly to about 54/55 at redline. Also replaced stock cats and ypipe with stainless works ypipe and cats.

Anyone willing to take a look at my log and give suggestions?

Please let me know your thoughts.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel pressure may be fine, but it's stupid lean despite all the PE fuel you're asking for. O2's are flatlined under 50mV and the ST+LT trims are at ~+25%.

Plugged-up muffler(s), maybe?

Potential Tuner
    Agree on the stupid lean... SLP cat back... just a resonator and can see through it. Also, just replaced cats and car is loud... so don't think thats it. Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it.

Clogged injector inlet screens? That will pass enough fuel at low load, but not at WOT. Fuel pressure will look completely normal.

I assume everything not mentioned is still stock - and the tune file too, since it wasn't posted?

Potential Tuner
    Yes, everything else is stock, except SLP intake. Stock tune still.

Havent flowed or cleaned injectors. Anyway to confirm this or just remove injectors and inspect?

Adding channels for injector PW B1 & B2, and TPS, and MAF Hz, and delivered torque, and trans current gear (if auto), and not logging any DBW-specific channels if it's not DBW, would help a bunch.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Adding channels for injector PW B1 & B2, and TPS, and MAF Hz, and delivered torque, and trans current gear (if auto), and not logging any DBW-specific channels if it's not DBW, would help a bunch.
    thanks, will add.

Potential Tuner
    added the channels... looks like lots of injector left... car just isn't making any power... any other thoughts? I'll post the logws6injectordutycycle.hpl
    Last edited by 07raw; 07-15-2023 at 12:37 PM.

TPS still not in the log.
    MAF Hz still not in the log.
    Delivered torque still not in the log (note I am typing with more than a little annoyance at this point).
    Trans current gear not in the log.
    And so on.

Potential Tuner
    TPS still not in the log.
    MAF Hz still not in the log.
    Delivered torque still not in the log (note I am typing with more than a little annoyance at this point).
    Trans current gear not in the log.
    And so on.
    Hey,

I appreciate you looking... but delivered torque is in the log as well as TPS. The car is a 6 speed so no trans gear option. MAF is there... is there another option for this? One that you are looking for that perhaps I dont see?

Perhaps im missing something?