Thread: 14 Mustang Copperhead Flex Fuel Not Working

Tuner in Training

14 Mustang Copperhead Flex Fuel Not Working

Hi there, tuning this '14 Mustang and customer requested a flexfuel tune. It has 47lb injectors and a Boss intake mani and JLT cold air, stock apart from that.

Got it all tuned up on pumpgas, then populated my flex tables and flashed the car BEFORE filling it with E85. Filled the car up, fired it up, ran good. Made a couple dyno pulls and fueling was good however the car made no extra power and was actually running less timing and showing some knock retard??? I didn't supply the """E85""" but I'm thinking I got bamboozled here, throwing 10 gallons of E85 into a nearly empty car and there's no way it should be pulling timing after.

The only reason I am thinking it could be tune related is due to the fact I can't pull up an ethanol or alcohol percentage in the VCM scanner, the parameter just isn't there. Could it be that this OS doesn't support flex even if it's turned on? This is a Canadian car. Going into it with Forscan it shows the inferred flex value at 9.8% and not moving.

noparameter.png
    noparameter2.png
    forscan.png

I am including the tune file in case anyone see anything jump out at them in there, and a datalog with a full tank of E85 and (for example) running 21.5* at 5000rpm with 2 degrees of knock retard.

HOBBY_flexenabled2.hpt
    e85pullingtimingwtf.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mucho_Boosto; 07-13-2023 at 03:12 PM.

Tuner in Training
    For what it's worth the intake manifold volume has not been changed to the correct spec if it's got a Boss 302 manifold. Should be 11.74 L. Not sure on the flex issue. But that volume isn't helping any SD calculations.

Tuner in Training
    Bump. Tested the fuel out of the car and it is indeed true E85. So this is some kind of OS problem or tune problem.

Advanced Tuner
    You have the wrong injector calibration. I don't think your fuel pressure is set to 65 psi.

Use Fords calibration for the 47lb injectors
    https://performanceparts.ford.com/pa...-9593-lu47.pdf