Thread: VMP Odin - Open Loop and Tq Req Lean

Tuner in Training

VMP Odin - Open Loop and Tq Req Lean

Still working on this Gen3 Mustang with a Odin blower, got the car running and driving great with the 56lb injectors on 93 octane. My buddy decided he wanted to change it up and go to FIC 1000cc injectors and E85 so I made those changes and now I'm seeing the fuel system status go into open loop and the fuel source show torque req lean.

I've triple checked the injector data to verify it is correct and even tried turning off the torque ratio fuel tables to see if it would change anything. Still seeing this present itself and forcing the oxygen sensors off and putting the lambda to 1.10

Any ideas on what might be causing the issue? Also if anybody happens to have FIC 1000cc injector data for a gen3 coyote to reference, that would be awesome

E85 Tune 7.hpt

23-07-12 11-12-16.hpl

Teke ID1000 data, so much better same injector

Advanced Tuner
    What’s your fuel torque ratio limit table look like?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Teke ID1000 data, so much better same injector
    I'll try that out and hopefully it's all that needs to be adjusted for the open loop fault to fix itself!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    What’s your fuel torque ratio limit table look like?
    I tried it with both the stock values were pretty much everything was at 1.00 aside from driver demand I believe, and I also tried with everything at 0.00 aside from engine speed limit and vehicle speed limit. I left those at the stock 1.00 values as well.

Advanced Tuner
    I believe the whole table should be set to 1.0 to prevent enleanment torque reduction. What is the torque source when it happens?

Advanced Tuner
    I finally got a chance to open your tune and log. Lots of stuff going on there. A few comments:

- The 1.1 lambda and torque req lean are completely no surprise. You've changed most of table 44775 Fuel cut torque ratio to 0.0, thereby allowing enleanment to be used to cut torque. So, it's sending lambda to 1.1 per table 44169 just like you told it to. The 44775 table should stay at 1.0 top to bottom like stock.
    - Your fuel trims are adding 25% fuel and it's still going lean to .95 lambda at wot even though you're commanding .8. It's out of fuel, but you didn't log port injector duty cycle or max duty cycle to see what they're doing.
    - When you run out of fuel, it's supposed to limit the driver demand torque, but this safety feature isn't helping you because your torque tables appear to be inaccurate.
    - My guess is your fuel pressure is tanking and even the big injectors can't help it because the pressure is so low. But fuel pressure wasn't logged so I can't say for sure.

Tuner in Training
    I finally got a chance to open your tune and log. Lots of stuff going on there. A few comments:

- The 1.1 lambda and torque req lean are completely no surprise. You've changed most of table 44775 Fuel cut torque ratio to 0.0, thereby allowing enleanment to be used to cut torque. So, it's sending lambda to 1.1 per table 44169 just like you told it to. The 44775 table should stay at 1.0 top to bottom like stock.
    - Your fuel trims are adding 25% fuel and it's still going lean to .95 lambda at wot even though you're commanding .8. It's out of fuel, but you didn't log port injector duty cycle or max duty cycle to see what they're doing.
    - When you run out of fuel, it's supposed to limit the driver demand torque, but this safety feature isn't helping you because your torque tables appear to be inaccurate.
    - My guess is your fuel pressure is tanking and even the big injectors can't help it because the pressure is so low. But fuel pressure wasn't logged so I can't say for sure.
    For the first part about changing it to 0.0, in the description of the tab it had said 0.0 disables it. I had actually tried it both ways and it didn't make any change, both ways still showed tq req lean.

The fuel trims up top, I will try to get another log with the correct PID's being logged, I would be surprised if it is out of fuel as we are only running around 8psi on a stock pump with a BAP. I used the torque tables from a vehicle with a similar setup to this one, but I'll go ahead and grab my torque table histograms and start messing with them again as well!

Hadn't seen this post and we took the car to the track last night with the ID injector data and looked to immediately go into Tq Red < Driver Demand for the throttle source as soon as it left the line, so I'm going to have to look into that as well.

Advanced Tuner
    The fuel cut torque ratio and spark only torque ratio both work the same. 1.0 is no control and 0.0 is full control. It uses spark retard first, then enleanment, then cylinder cut in that order. All modern fords that I’ve looked at have the fuel cut table set to ALL 1.0, so it first retards timing them skips enleanment and goes straight to cylinder cut.

Tuner in Training
    The fuel cut torque ratio and spark only torque ratio both work the same. 1.0 is no control and 0.0 is full control. It uses spark retard first, then enleanment, then cylinder cut in that order. All modern fords that I’ve looked at have the fuel cut table set to ALL 1.0, so it first retards timing them skips enleanment and goes straight to cylinder cut.
    That makes sense, I'm wondering why I am still seeing the torque enleanment even with everything turned to 1.00 then, I'm getting the car back down to me tomorrow for the weekend so that I can go back over some more stuff and try to figure that out. I would be very surprised if the car is actually out of fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Whatever came of this?

Advanced Tuner
    im curious too

Tuner in Training
    Whatever came of this?
    Haven't pinpointed what is going on yet unfortunately, car is down right now while I'm putting a return style fuel system and smaller pulley on the car. Once everything is back together I will try to update again