Thread: VCM Scanner Communication Issues

VCM Scanner Communication Issues

Hello. I'm a noob to all this so please I'd like to apologize up front for anything I might say that is off base.

I have a 2005 C6 Corvette with a 6.0L LS2, just installed a CARB legal A&A Corvette Supercharger kit.

About a month ago I picked up a MPVI 3 kit to upload the A&A CARB legal file for my supercharger.

Picked up a refurbished Dell Latitude E7270 laptop off Amazon that I saw on the forums many people using for tuning only.

So last night I downloaded the stable version of VCM Suite version. 5.0.4 plug the MPVI3 into the OBD2 port and connected to the ECM.

It spit out the basic info and then I tried to do a info log and it popped up a Interface Firmware update where 10 seconds into this procedure says that the update failed.

I tried this several times, disconnected the USB cable and interface from the OBD2 port, reset the computer, deleted VCM suite, and re-installed and nothing is working.

I put in a ticket and I get a response of please send a info log!!

Is this a VCM Suite issue or an actual interface issue?

Does the stable version need the drivers on the site? I couldn't get the drivers to download and communicate the VCM suite program, couldnt find a file that said run.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Does the MPVI 3 itself have a firmware update option?

Resyncing your interface via the Help menu in both VCM Editor and VCM Scanner will update it to the latest firmware.

And no drivers should be necessary for MPVI3.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...