Thread: Do you have a better suggestion?....MPVI3 + ProLink + TWO AEM 30-0300's

Tuner in Training

Do you have a better suggestion?....MPVI3 + ProLink + TWO AEM 30-0300's

Looking for experienced input here.

I need to dial in a new crate LS3 with a BTR stage 2 cam....OEM ECU (E67)

I have not received the ProLink cable yet.
    I'm not clear on the difference between the 30-0334 and the 30-0300...and more importantly, is one better suited for my intended use?

My intended usage is to calibrate the MAF sensor, tune for drivability, then remove the sensors/gauges. They will not be permanently installed in the car....just used as a tuning tool to get the car in a proper state for street driving.

I realize two sensors may not be entirely necessary, but I want to see both banks' AFR's simultaneously...I have my reasons.

Thanks

Senior Tuner
    Either will work. Nice thing about the 30-0300 is that the signal can read on VCM Scanner by means of a serial-usb adapter. That way you don't have to pay for pro features and the cable.

Tuner in Training
    MPVI3 includes "pro features"....I've already bought the cable regardless.
    From what I have read, the serial-usb adaptor connection is very slow.

Senior Tuner
    Oh good to know. I want to upgrade my MPVI2, but no need for now.

Then yeah use either wideband controller.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LJS3SP View Post
    Looking for experienced input here.

I need to dial in a new crate LS3 with a BTR stage 2 cam....OEM ECU (E67)

I have not received the ProLink cable yet.
    I'm not clear on the difference between the 30-0334 and the 30-0300...and more importantly, is one better suited for my intended use?

My intended usage is to calibrate the MAF sensor, tune for drivability, then remove the sensors/gauges. They will not be permanently installed in the car....just used as a tuning tool to get the car in a proper state for street driving.

I realize two sensors may not be entirely necessary, but I want to see both banks' AFR's simultaneously...I have my reasons.

Thanks
    I have both. 30-0334 is far better on vehicles that can use it which are most post 2005. Anything with a GEN 4 or 5 controller. Your E67 will work great.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Can anyone explain what the difference is between these two before I purchase?
    From what I can tell the only difference is the route which the sensor data takes...ones uses a "sandwich" adaptor to insert data into the OBDII CAN data en-route to the MPVI3, the other routes analog data directly into the MPVI3 via the PROLINK connector. The sensor and gauge are the same, it is the method of data transmission that differs?

In other words, one would require the PROLINK cable, the other does not.
    Is that it?