Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.3/4l65 swap wont shift at WOT

So that 24255281 tcm is not the ticket. shifted like crap and has 5 tcm codes. That injector flow change made it super lean everywhere now. I guess if its right now though I should retune the VVE for that correct data though?
    2001 V6 M5 firebird: drop in K&N, 12bolt with posi and 4.30s, magnaflow muffler, gutted cat.
    9.5 at 73 in the 1/8th on street tires

Yep. And that's why you make sure the foundation is solid before you put a bunch of work into patching up cracks in the plaster walls.

Can hp tuners change the os on the TCM? if not what do I need the tcm out of to get the correct one?
    2001 V6 M5 firebird: drop in K&N, 12bolt with posi and 4.30s, magnaflow muffler, gutted cat.

YES. As in (one of) your other previous threads, HPT can properly reprogram a T42 or T43 with a totally different OS using write-entire. It can't do a NEW, never-programmed-with-anything-before TCM. You can put any T42 OS you want in there, you will have to license the new file you want to write to it, even if you only use the TCM portion.

If you had access to GM-type tools it would be free, you just feed SPS/TIS the VIN from a truck that used the file you want and it does it. It might be cheaper to buy a used, pre-SPSed T42 instead of paying to license a file just to flash one time.

TCM OS 24243356 *is* a T42 OS, and is what the VIN in your file should be using, per https://tis2web.service.opel.com/tis2web/

You can go find a used T42 from one of the 'programmed to your VIN' places, just give them the VIN from your file.

Or if you'd rather pay to license a file: 2009 Silverado 1GCEC29J59Z188589 E38-T42 4L60E 1348175753.hpt

I already have that file downloaded either spend the money to license that file or spend the money for a different tcm either way it's money that has to be spent I guess. Hopefully this will fix the rest of my problems

I have a bunch of spares and a Fake Tech2, I was gonna offer to program one and mail it to you... but my offline version of TIS doesn't have any updates in it for anything newer than the end of 2008.

already did the deed. I can't really do anything more with it today the car doesn't have any wipers on it and it's about to storm here.

I've thought about buying one of those knockoff tech2 before do they work well? Do they still require a subscription to be able to download files to program?

If you're talking about the VCX Nano things, they can be made to work through sheer brute force and stubbornness but I wouldn't say they work well. It depends on the amount of bad Chinese translation and cracked software workarounds you're willing to put up with. Some thing or another about it always pisses me off to the point of throwing things every time I have to use it. With enough perseverance it will put a file onto a module though. (apparently the legit versions of current GM hardware and software are not all that much better, from a frustration point of view)

They come with a cracked, offline-only version of TIS2000, and it can only do VINs that're in the internal database, which ends in 2008. That's when GM stopped mailing physical discs to the dealers and everything after that was online-only so no more copies of disc images. For anything newer than that you need a real subscription, but it works like any other J2534 passthru device as far as that's concerned.

I might look into picking one up at some point for the hell of it. I'm talking about the big clunky tech2 scanner that almost looks like its from the 80s lol.

So I did get in a short drive between rain storms. I have both vss readings now but but the tcm and pcm vss don't read the same. Also the autometer speedo on the dash bounces between 0 and 200mph as soon as the car starts rolling.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The handheld versions are still running Tech2Win, with all the same limitations that software has when run on a laptop (some bidirectional controls don't work, it can only program in passthru mode unlike a real Tech2 that can read info from the car then download a calibration from TIS and then go program the car, etc.). I think they're the same hardware inside as the dongle versions just with a screen and buttons.

Any idea about fixing the difference in speed readings between the tcm and pcm?

Have you made the changes needed in the Speedo section?

I don't know anything about your aftermarket cluster and what kind of signal it needs.

That is what I'm asking at one point I had the laptop speed within 1-2 mph of gps but neither of them match gps now. I haven't changed anything in the speedo since the file where you changed the injector flow.

Also on that last log as i slowed down to pull back down the driveway it went into neutral for a sec then dropped back into gear. I checked fluid when I got back it was about 1/2 a quart low but that should have been enough to make the pump loose prime.
    Last edited by smallblock500; 06-21-2023 at 08:15 PM.

Any idea why the pcm and tcm speed is not reading the same?