Thread: 2-3 shift at full throttle never happens

Tuner in Training

2-3 shift at full throttle never happens

I'm heading out to the track next week and would like to get my 2-3 full throttle shift worked out. Currently it never happens, despite lowering the shift RPM and MPH in the tables. Am I missing something in the tables for the shift point for 2-3 at full throttle? Speed is set to 72 and The Rev limiter is hitting at 85 mph and shift full throttle rpm is set to 6250. Shifting seems fine except during full throttle. Any help appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

84.7 percent was your maximum throttle position.

You may not have been above the threshold for the WOT table values.

Is your WOT value 94 percent or ??

You hit 6,866 rpm but you were off the throttle at 18.1 percent.
    Last edited by slarsen47; 06-20-2023 at 02:35 AM.

Senior Tuner
    What is this remote tuning network crap?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    What is this remote tuning network crap?
    Removed it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by slarsen47 View Post

I run another, sitting here with engine off the highest it hits is 93.5 %. I have been unable to change this since I put the larger throttle body in.

Where is the WOT setting? Also if its not at wide open throttle, shouldn't it be hitting the 72 mph shift point regardless of WOT or not?

Do not use the '(SAE)' option for GM DBWs.

edit: https://www.google.com/search?tbs=li...om+throttle+84

Quote Originally Posted by slarsen47 View Post

Don't mean to thread jack here but I'm having a similar issue. Where do I change what it considers to be WOT? Mine shifts at 6k at about 50%tps and never shifts at WOT.
    2001 V6 M5 firebird: drop in K&N, 12bolt with posi and 4.30s, magnaflow muffler, gutted cat.
    9.5 at 73 in the 1/8th on street tires

Quote Originally Posted by smallblock500 View Post
    Don't mean to thread jack here but I'm having a similar issue. Where do I change what it considers to be WOT? Mine shifts at 6k at about 50%tps and never shifts at WOT.
    Go to the TRANS tab, SHIFT SCHEDULING and you will see FULL THROTTLE ENABLE percents

Tuner in Training
    I finally got a shift. I am using bluecat to set up everything, and when I set the WOT to 6000 it shifter just before the rev limiter. Ther was a hang before the shift as I think I was over the top of the HP curve, so I lowered it to 5900 rpm. Part of the issue is the "Shift" in the tune hits at the correct mph, but the actual shift happens about 1/2 to 1 second later and accel rate is 18 mph/s in first, and 10-12 in second, so the shift timing needs some anticipation. I think being cammed and higher horsepower, the shift takes longer due to the power being put into the transmission, the clutches wont lock as fast. This was not an issue in 1-2 shift, So I may have to used different bluecat settings on 1-2 vs 2-3. Im posting the file from bluecat in case anyone know a setting in there where that can be adjusted without doing 2 runs. Bluecat file is doc extension, change to .btc to view in bluecat.

So, the million-dollar question is, what is the optimal point to have the transmission actually shift, before peak HP, at peak, or after. Seems after there is an acceleration slowdown that would be better served using the power and torque from the lower rpm on the next gear.

Tuner in Training
    Bonus, I got the performance switch working with an SGS switch (Momentary) using tahoe flex fuel os. IF anyone else is having trouble with this, the pid is not trans perf mode (Yes/no) but Trans Shift Mode (Perf Mode/Normal Mode).