Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pedal sensitivity

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Haha I feel like we're talking about the exact same thing but using different terms.

Be patient with me for a sec. I'll listen, but I just don't understand why we're having a disagreement.

Say I go to Pedal Characteristics and map 50% physical pedal to 60%. Doesn't that mean I'm now wanting 50% physical pedal to command ~350 lb-ft instead of ~325 lb-ft?
    Attachment 133561

Doesn't it go like this:
    %physical pedal position>pedal characteristics>Normal DD>multiply by crank comp>multiply by pedal map ratio?
    You've made a 10% change to your pedal characteristic that only produces a ~7% change in torque request. If the driver demand table was directly proportional and linear then 10% would be 10%

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    No, torque ratio will increase or decrease demand, ETC torque will be higher or lower.

Pedal characteristic will command the same torque value just sooner or later but the final ETC torque value would be the same.

Not sure you just wont admit that but I said the same thing in 4 different ways so you understand and you seem to get around the main concept.
    Then I can command sooner or later in the table directly. There's nothing to admit. We're talking about the same thing. Pull a 2013 Mustang file and show me the pedal characteristic table. DD has to be adjusted.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RobCat030 View Post
    You've made a 10% change to your pedal characteristic that only produces a ~7% change in torque request. If the driver demand table was directly proportional and linear then 10% would be 10%
    Not sure what you're trying to tell me. Try 20% translated to 30%. That's 25% more tq. The DD surface is convex. Who said anything about linearity?

All I was demonstrating was that putting the values from 60% into 50% for DD is the same as changing Pedal Pedal characteristic to say 50% pedal translates to 60%.

Senior Tuner
    Look. Normal and Roush. What'd they change? Driver Demand.

dd1.png

dd2.png

Then I can command sooner or later in the table directly. There's nothing to admit. We're talking about the same thing. Pull a 2013 Mustang file and show me the pedal characteristic table. DD has to be adjusted.
    No we don't sorry and I'm done talking. Thx for conversation...

Tuner
    Not sure what you're trying to tell me. Try 20% translated to 30%. That's 25% more tq. The DD surface is convex. Who said anything about linearity?

All I was demonstrating was that putting the values from 60% into 50% for DD is the same as changing Pedal Pedal characteristic to say 50% pedal translates to 60%.
    You asked if multiplying DD by 5% is the same as changing the pedal characteristic by 5% and then gave an example where that isnt true.

We agree on the second point although the pedal characteristic is easier IMO

Advanced Tuner
    dd.png

Change it here. You can either copy over the sport/track values if you like that feel (i dont). Or you can just slowly up each cell until you like the feel you get.

Advanced Tuner
    do you not have the table like i posted in my pic, on the 2013 file? Sorry i dont have any first gen files to look. I think the pic i posted is what veefour was referring to

Advanced Tuner
    Look. Normal and Roush. What'd they change? Driver Demand.

dd1.png

dd2.png
    Yet still nothing to do with pedal sensitivity... Handful of smart people in here trying to help you out, might want to listen..

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Yet still nothing to do with pedal sensitivity... Handful of smart people in here trying to help you out, might want to listen..
    Actually, we all are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Just the pedal characteristics. If you have an auto, adjust your down shift schedule. Sensitivity for each gear will make significant difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    nope, you never change the pedal feel with DD. Pedal characteristics is for that
    Pedal characteristics...it's a translator for pedal %. From there it goes directly into the X-axis of the Normal table. The result is the commanded tq. Look at a 2016 file. There's normal, sport, snow for characteristic tables. That's for different driving modes. They all 3 modify the torque requested based on physical pedal input.

People can change characteristics and get an effect. But don't tell me I can't Normal DD table directly. It's literally the same thing.

Well, it's not literally the same thing. Adjusting Normal would affect commanded torque at a pedal % for all pedal characteristic modes globally. If it was the contention that changing Normal DD is a bad idea because of this, then I'd accept it. Just have to compensate on the other modes is all.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 06-21-2023 at 10:49 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_91 View Post
    do you not have the table like i posted in my pic, on the 2013 file? Sorry i dont have any first gen files to look. I think the pic i posted is what veefour was referring to
    You bring up a good point. Pedal sensitivity has been adjusted at the Driver Demand Normal table going way back. The pedal characteristics table is a relatively recent addition. So suddenly since those tables are there adjusting the Normal table is a no-no? Yeah mk.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RobCat030 View Post
    You asked if multiplying DD by 5% is the same as changing the pedal characteristic by 5% and then gave an example where that isnt true.

We agree on the second point although the pedal characteristic is easier IMO
    Ohh yeah you're right. Sorry. Example doesn't track. Multiplying the torque values themselves is not the same as multiplying the pedal characteristics. It's the columns that would have to be shifted 5% to equal increasing pedal characteristics 5%.

Advanced Tuner
    You bring up a good point. Pedal sensitivity has been adjusted at the Driver Demand Normal table going way back. The pedal characteristics table is a relatively recent addition. So suddenly since those tables are there adjusting the Normal table is a no-no? Yeah mk.
    thats what i was thinking..

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lily27 View Post
    If you're looking to increase the pedal sensitivity in your 2019 Mustang, it may be possible to adjust certain parameters in the tune to achieve the desired effect. However, it's important to note that modifying tuning parameters should be done carefully and preferably by an experienced tuner to ensure proper functionality and avoid any potential negative effects on the vehicle's performance.

To adjust pedal sensitivity, you would typically look for tables or settings related to throttle mapping or pedal input. The specific location of these tables can vary depending on the tuning software or device being used.
    Bruh this is ChatGPT lol

Senior Tuner
    There's been a whole lot of that going on lately. What's funny is that it's so easy to spot.

Tuner
    At least its safe to say that our jobs are safe from AI takeovers for the time being

Senior Tuner
    Actually, it enhances my job. All the BS emails getting in the way of my real work I'm like, "Talk to the bot." Massive time saver. ChatGPT is very fluent in corporate bs.

Screwed up one time not proof reading. Had the whole wall of text, but forgot to put my contact info in where the bot put <insert contact info>. Email looked like it was from some Pakistani lol. I blamed it on Outlook having a hyperlink error.

If anything ChatGPT reveals how superfluous and pointless so many things to do with management are. I really do hope it removes jobs. I'm tired of worthless people getting paid.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 06-29-2023 at 08:45 AM.