Post pedal sensitivity

hello guys

am asks how i can increase pedal sensitivity for mustang 2019
    which table adjust

thanx

Senior Tuner
    Driver Demand.

Advanced Tuner
    Just the pedal characteristics. If you have an auto, adjust your down shift schedule. Sensitivity for each gear will make significant difference.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Driver Demand.
    Thanx bro

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Just the pedal characteristics. If you have an auto, adjust your down shift schedule. Sensitivity for each gear will make significant difference.
    I appreciate

Driver Demand.
    nope, you never change the pedal feel with DD. Pedal characteristics is for that

Senior Tuner
    I was talking about the driver demand tab. That's in there. Besides, pedal characteristics is just a multiplier for the torque vs pedal tables.

I was talking about the driver demand tab. That's in there. Besides, pedal characteristics is just a multiplier for the torque vs pedal tables.
    Nope "pedal characteristic" is a multiplier for pedal voltage and that is what should be used.

Now "pedal map ratio" is a torque multiplier as well "crankshaft compensation" is and you should not mess with that if you want to change the feel.

Senior Tuner
    Eh maybe we're looking at different things. Some have Pedal Translation as a percentage on both X-and Y-axis (no pedal voltage). From there it goes to Driver Demand Engine Torque with Accelerator Pedal Position on the X-axis.

Pedal Characteristic as you describe would be more like Pedal Follower.

Splitting hairs anyway. Point is I prefer the actual Torque Demand tables to the Pedal Translation. This is what's ultimately being adjusted. Think about it. If Pedal Characteristic is increased that increases Torque Demand, but it will be for an entire column. That's not as much control. It's better to be able to adjust each cell.

I don't touch Crankshaft or Pedal Map Ratio. There's no reason for that since they are mapped according to the physical characteristics of the drivetrain. Only adjust Engine.

Well if you check different tunes those two(crank comp and pedal ratio) are almost always modified.

DD should represent a torque "you should be making" that should fit into torque model aka torque "that is possible to make".
    DD should not be changed as changing it requires changing the entire torque model and those two are multipliers for DD.
    Because why would you even touch TM for a tune only car...

People often look for pedal feel change and the correct way is to use pedal characteristics, not messing with DD.

Senior Tuner
    Not sure the sense in changing those two with a factory rotating assembly and stock gear ratios.

Are you saying that multiplying Pedal Translation by 5% isn't the same as multiplying DD Torque by 5%?

The spongy pedal feel people complain about is usually just the shaped-in TQ reduction, probably designed as a type of traction control for the general public. Smoothing/interpolating, from 0-35% pedal in this case, out usually gets results.
    TQ DD.png

I completely understand what you're saying about not requesting more TQ than is possible. About TM. Example OP. TQ is higher than demanded by stock pedal. In fact, 0.9 load TQ exceeds 100% pedal TQ request. I increase DD at higher %pedal request to match the model. Otherwise there is limiting. From the same tune file:
    TQ OP.png

Different styles of tuning. In the end either way gets similar results.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 06-20-2023 at 04:58 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Well if you check different tunes those two(crank comp and pedal ratio) are almost always modified.

DD should represent a torque "you should be making" that should fit into torque model aka torque "that is possible to make".
    DD should not be changed as changing it requires changing the entire torque model and those two are multipliers for DD.
    Because why would you even touch TM for a tune only car...

People often look for pedal feel change and the correct way is to use pedal characteristics, not messing with DD.
    You can modify driver demand within its own boundaries without touching the torque model (ie. Dont exceed the upper and lower limits of the table) and would/should produce the same effect as changing the pedal ratio. When you put a multiplier on the pedal input it just moves you into a different column of the Driver Demand table anyway.

Multiplying the entire DD table by some arbitrary percentage probably isn't a great idea

Senior Tuner
    The first is what I proposed. The second is a very basic example.

I prefer to adjust DD TQ. Others do pedal %. Pedal % is more intuitive, but DD has more fine-grain control.

Advanced Tuner
    Adjustments to driver demand have their place, but "pedal sensitivity" is not one of them. A sensitive pedal means a more rapid change in torque...driver demand does not affect the rate of torque change. It's just a steady state target.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Adjustments to driver demand have their place, but "pedal sensitivity" is not one of them. A sensitive pedal means a more rapid change in torque...driver demand does not affect the rate of torque change. It's just a steady state target.
    Then neither does pedal %. What you're talking about, if you had any purpose here, is Airflow>General>Throttle Rate Limit.

Pedal sensitivity is subjective. It means less pedal makes more go. Take a moment to educate yourself on the way these Fords work. Changing the pedal characteristics table automatically means changing driver demand requested TQ. Less pedal more go. Or, less movement of the foot to make the same go. I'm pretty sure that's what people define as pedal sensitivity.

But if you think about it, increasing requested torque means requesting more throttle angle. Requesting more angle in the same amount of time (now) within limits of Throttle Rate Limit = more rapid change = more sensitivity.

Wrong on 3 counts. If you want to keep following me around this entire forum calling me out only to get dumbassed plz continue.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 06-21-2023 at 01:07 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    You do you lol.

Senior Tuner
    For my next trick I'll be creating injector data for Holley injectors (No, can't do that!) on a GM 3800 V6. See ya there.

Are you saying that multiplying Pedal Translation by 5% isn't the same as multiplying DD Torque by 5%?
    That is correct.

One will multiply torque to a different value, other will just move the setting point.

Senior Tuner
    Haha I feel like we're talking about the exact same thing but using different terms.

Be patient with me for a sec. I'll listen, but I just don't understand why we're having a disagreement.

Say I go to Pedal Characteristics and map 50% physical pedal to 60%. Doesn't that mean I'm now wanting 50% physical pedal to command ~350 lb-ft instead of ~325 lb-ft?
    pedal tq 1.png

Doesn't it go like this:
    %physical pedal position>pedal characteristics>Normal DD>multiply by crank comp>multiply by pedal map ratio?

No, torque ratio will increase or decrease demand, ETC torque will be higher or lower.

Pedal characteristic will command the same torque value just sooner or later but the final ETC torque value would be the same.

Not sure you just wont admit that but I said the same thing in 4 different ways so you understand and you seem to get around the main concept.