Thread: need help please

Tuner in Training

need help please

hey everyone. been on here a while. trying to tune my 2017 eco boost 2.0 fusion. no mods except a drop in k and n air filter. all i have done so far is turned up the driver demand tables in torque management. car felt great after that. but now it seems like anything i do for example add 1.5 degrees to global spark or 2 pounds of boost nothing changes or it seems more dog ish.. maybe im expecting too much out of a 2.0 turbo i dont know. maybe im hitting some limiters i dont know. if i am hitting a limiter im not sure where or what it would be.

log 1 is just with the torque tables added 10%
    tune torque driver demand is just the torque tables

log 2 is the said above with 2 pounds of boost added and 1.5 degrees of timing
    tune torque driver demand is the torque table increase plus timing g change and boos

like i said when i make OTHER changes besides just he tables i get no gains or go backwards.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    nobody??

Senior Tuner
    If you want to see if a limiter is in effect, log the following:
    - Engine Brake Torque
    - ETC Torque Request
    - Scheduled Torque
    - Torque Source
    - Driver Demand Limit Source
    - Accelerator Position
    - Throttle Angle Source
    - Throttle Desired Angle
    - Throttle Angle
    - VCT Schedule Mode

The Scanner will have to be configured for these channels while connected to the ECU.

Or, you can use this one.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 06-19-2023 at 09:56 PM.

Tuner in Training
    thanks i will give it a shot

Tuner in Training
    hey all.. so i am hitting my desired boost level. i am running a little rich to be safe. i got around the FMEM problem i was having. but now im hitting comb. stab limit and popcorn? can someone help me as to what needs to be done to stay off these limits or increase them. i dont think im hurting anything yet.. there has been no knock or anything of the sort. maybe go over my tune and see if anything is unsafe and see what else i can do. no mods except the tune and a derop in k&n stock air box filter.

Advanced Tuner
    Fuel source is exhaust protection, it's going rich so you don't melt your cat.

If you really want to turn that off (I wouldn't on an otherwise stock car), it's in Engine->Fuel->Temperature Control

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Seishuku View Post
    Fuel source is exhaust protection, it's going rich so you don't melt your cat.

If you really want to turn that off (I wouldn't on an otherwise stock car), it's in Engine->Fuel->Temperature Control
    I took the tune off for now.. rather frustrated with it. Got a bit of spark knock with it.. I dunno I'm at a loss I'm ready to just pay someone for custom tuning. So if anyone is out there let me know..

Advanced Tuner
    I don't know, the first pull in that log was kind of heavy on knock, but I would guess that the ECU was still learning knock advance... But the other pulls look pretty good, especially that last one, that was holding requested load pretty well.

What octane fuel are you running, I noticed that your KOM is only 0.04 in the log. I'm guessing it got reset and just not much time on it, but if it's creeping positive I'd say you're probably running 87?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Seishuku View Post
    I don't know, the first pull in that log was kind of heavy on knock, but I would guess that the ECU was still learning knock advance... But the other pulls look pretty good, especially that last one, that was holding requested load pretty well.

What octane fuel are you running, I noticed that your KOM is only 0.04 in the log. I'm guessing it got reset and just not much time on it, but if it's creeping positive I'd say you're probably running 87?
    Yeah just 87 octane. Maybe I have my driver demand tables to high for right off the launch.. ?

Tuner in Training
    i got something from the forum i will give a try tomorrow if i have time. i will let you know how it turns out.

Senior Tuner
    I'll get a tune put together for you when I get time.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    I'll get a tune put together for you when I get time.
    ok thanks i appreciate it. i haven't changed anything else yet.

Tuner in Training
    here is the latest tune and log. everything feels ok.. there is a split second of knock detected it says .. but its not audible could be a anomaly?? for some reason it also had one run where i hit 25 psi it only did that once. i hit a few limiters but it only seems for split seconds. car feels good and strong.. i dunno am i pushing it to hard?? also had a super rich moment in there. if some professionals could go over my tune it would be appreciated. i can pay for your time. also hit the limiter of insufficient fuel flow.. but only the one time??

Senior Tuner
    Alright I'm ready to get going on this. Please post the stock unmodified file.