Thread: Gen 1 Coyote Cam Timing / Tuning

Potential Tuner

Gen 1 Coyote Cam Timing / Tuning Question?

Long time listener first time caller, I have a rebuilt Gen 1 F150 Coyote that I converted to mustang internals that I have swapped into a Jeep scrambler. I am running the factory F150 PCM (Pats deleted). It starts but dies once it comes down from high idle. We can get it to run longer if I'm on the throttle and keep the RPM up and above 2000ish RPM Buuuuuut it backfires badly. I would thing there was an issue with the cam timing but I even checked that myself 23 times before the engine was closed and it doesn't throw any cam timing codes. We have tried both the stock and mustang file (Changes copied to my file) with no real change. Is it possible for the cam timing to be off and not throw a code? Am I missing something trying to use an F150 PCM with basically a mustang motor?
    Note: I'd like to try to avoid a control pack due to budget constraints lol

Any help is appreciated, I am very new to tuning and have been working with a local tuning shop that is very good but the more I learn the more its apparent they lack experience with coyote's.

Thanks,

Added Tune and 3 data logs, I am really new to this so hopefully the logs have sufficient channels for you guys.
    Attempt 1 is it starting and stalling.
    Attempt 2 is it idling without the MAF, PBH suggested that.
    Attempt 3 MAP back connected and, on the throttle, to keep it running.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cwilhelm; 06-16-2023 at 11:56 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    post the tune and logs if you have any