Thread: 4l60 Transmission Issues - I'm stumped.

Potential Tuner

4l60 Transmission Issues - I'm stumped.

I have never had so many issues with a customers transmission. Customers truck is a 5.3 with a 4l65e currently. I flashed a completely stock tune into the truck after he swapped the motor. Transmission will be perfectly fine for a few days and then begins slipping and flaring 2-3 shift. I have tried a few different things and compared the file against other stock truck tunes I have and can not seem to figure out what could be going on.

Any help would be great if someone could check out the tune file and see if im just missing something or is it something on his end with the transmission. This is the 3rd one.... first two transmissions were questionable at best from where he got them so there's no telling if the were already trash.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Sorry not slipping 2-3. It's Slipping 3-4. Also just realized he hasnt been flushing any of the transmission lines to the cooler after a failure. Not sure how much that is going to effect it but figured that would be introducing trash clutch material and burnt fluid to a brand new rebuild.

Senior Tuner
    Things like this are rarely a tuning issue.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs