Thread: ls swap timing

ls swap timing

so when running everything looks good but after a while of being on idle the timing goes crazy up and down. it goes from 8 to 30 and the truck sounds cammed because of it i think. how can i fix this or is it normal Attachment 133322 this a log of it

Senior Tuner
    Add cylinder airmass channel to the log. Y-axis of spark tables is that.

Senior Tuner
    TPS shows 4% instead of 0% at idle. Also, idle is too low. Is this engine modified? What did it come out of?

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    TPS shows 4% instead of 0% at idle. Also, idle is too low. Is this engine modified? What did it come out of?
    its a 2005 5.3 4l60e with longtube, intake, 340lph pump, and straight pipe true dualls

Senior Tuner
    Cable or wire throttle body?

Post tune?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacog View Post
    so when running everything looks good but after a while of being on idle the timing goes crazy up and down. it goes from 8 to 30 and the truck sounds cammed because of it i think. how can i fix this or is it normal Attachment 133322 this a log of it
    Thats your adaptive idle kicking in. you can adjust those settings to get the effect you want. i assume youre running a P59 DWB?

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Cable or wire throttle body?

Post tune?
    its dbw and this the current tunetuned 1.hpt

its tyhe stock pcm of the 2005 silverado and its dbw

Advanced Tuner
    Try multiplying your Overspeed values in the spark tab by by .5 and keep underspeed around factory setting for now. In your adaptive idle settings, try changes proportional idle to 50 instead of 25, integral to 10 or 15 and see if those changes help